Thread: Racing Junk Simpson Avenger Helmets??? ANY PROBLEMS AT THE T

Junior Member SHOW GUEST

Racing Junk Simpson Avenger Helmets??? ANY PROBLEMS AT THE T

I HAD BOUOGHT A SIMPSON AVENGER HELMET ON SALE ON RACING JUNK, I CANNOT FIND A SNELL OR SFI NUMBER , ANYONE BUY ONE AND WHAT DID THEY SAY TO YOU AT THE TRACK , ARE THEY LEGAL OR NOT???? :roll:

Senior Member MASTER BUILDER
    Did you look inside the liner?

Steve

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE curtisreed's Avatar
    The new helmet that I just bought I had to pull part of the liner out to see it. My liner is removeable to wash it though. Don't know about the Simpson.

Curtis

Junior Member SHOW GUEST

Simpson Avenger Helmets

The helmet does have a Snell DOT sticker on the back of the helmet but no prefix such as 2000, 95, how would you know if there any good and til when?????

Have you looked on the inside under the liner?

Steve

Member JUNIOR BUILDER

Re: Simpson Avenger Helmets

Quote Originally Posted by jcdrags
    The helmet does have a Snell DOT sticker on the back of the helmet but no prefix such as 2000, 95, how would you know if there any good and til when?????
    I think the " DOT " is the rating and it is not legal for NHRA etc. I had my son buy a Helmet a couple of weeks ago and he picked one up from Walmart and thats the rating it had. It was returned and the correctly rated helmet was purchased from Jegs.

Looks like that is classified as a motorcycle helmet only, that would not be legal for the track. There is a seperate motorcycle helmet catagory listed for drag bike SA2005.

http://www.saferacer.com/simpsonavenger.html
    http://www.saferacer.com/mohe.html

That bites to buy one and not be able to use it. I am in the process of looking for a helmet myself, and there are so many more out there than when I bought my GForce SN95.

Bill M

If you know the model # of the helmet you can go here http://www.smf.org/ click on Certified Helmets, click on the Snell rating it's supposed to have and you will find a list of helmets by that vendor.

Murff
    Never Eat Anything Bigger Than Your Head

Senior Member SENIOR BUILDER
    The most important thing to look for is the SNELL 2005 label. I have hundreds of racers using M series helmets in NHRA,IHRA,ORSCA ETC. It all depends on the sanctioning body and their rules.I just sold 15 M series helmets(and just as many SA rated) at a ORSCA Event last week and they all went through tech inspection and Orsca FOLLOWS ALL NHRA RULES.The best thing to do is ask your local track official for what they will allow and go with that,after all they will have the final say in if you need a M series or a SA Series.
    Performance 2 way
    Racing Communications
    Performance Safety Products
    Authorized HANS Device Dealer
    (302)436-2428
    (302)841-9609
    M.W.D. For RACEQUIP & SAFEQUIP safety products
    www.performance2way.com