Why do people do this?

Old 05-13-2007, 05:18 AM
hilldale
SENIOR BUILDER

Default Why do people do this?

why is it when you run an ad people constantly respond back wondering what your asking price is even when you clearly have it posted.? people need to read the complete ad.
Old 05-13-2007, 05:26 AM
topsportsman1
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: why do people do this?

Originally Posted by hilldale
why is it when you run an ad people constantly respond back wondering what your asking price is even when you clearly have it posted.? people need to read the complete ad.
I would say its because they don't read the add,and see it.
I'd say they show interest threw anticapation,and just message you hoping for a deal.

I usually try to looks adds over,in fact I have done about the same thing,messaging the seller what his telephone number was,and when I went back it was right there in front of me..in the add, Oooops
Old 05-13-2007, 01:58 PM
thetanman101
JUNIOR BUILDER

I like the one's that ask what your bottom dollar is without seeing the car, and with no intentions on seeing the car. :roll: The price is the price, till you show up with cash in your hands. Then we'll talk.

Sorry, had to vent. :x
Old 05-13-2007, 08:03 PM
cfm
SHOW GUEST

How about the folks that post an add with NO price, contact info, etc., and do not check back to see if they have messages regarding the item. :roll:

Errks me :x
Old 05-13-2007, 11:46 PM
topsportsman1
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by cfm
How about the folks that post an add with NO price, contact info, etc., and do not check back to see if they have messages regarding the item. :roll:

Errks me :x

Or is not a member or honor member but have been a member since 2003 since start up and you have seen this person posting for several years,and hasn't paid the dues,they are priceless
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I'd suggest people in these two posted areas,not to buy from them,cut your loses,its prolly too good to be true,your prolly going to get riped of by sending these type people a message,they have no phone number to contact,and their location is a big secret,Its simple these people have some thing to hide,MOVE ON Its a flag folks.

Or then,you get please leave me a message with your phone number and I'll get back to you.These type people have every excuse in the book,they call you back with a cell phone,then want you to send them your hard earned money to a PO Box address guys wake up. Ask for a landline phone so you can trace it and get a real address and the person that lives at that residence.People need to do their homework when buying off the internet.DON"T be the next victim
Old 05-14-2007, 03:08 AM
mytmouz
RACING JUNKIE

I agree with a lot of what you say Top Sportsman, but the landline trace I don't. I just had a runaround with a car rental over the same thing. I have a Voip home phone service. The service is provided by Vonage. The purpose was to save money for me, which it does, unfortunately you can't do a phone lookup. I ended up not getting a car to attend an out of town funeral. As I work nights, my ads state the best way to contact me is through this site. The reason, as stated in the above posts, people don't read the ads, or think that some of it doesn't pertain to them. When I post an ad stating I work nights, no calls between 10:00 am to 6:00 pm, ring, ring. I give a number to the buyers I think are legit, I have to hope they do the same in believing I'm legit. Not all ads are scams, but Top is right, you have to do your homework. In the end it's all about trust. If you have doubts, don't do it. Not knocking the info anyone has given, i just know that in at least in my case, i have nothing to hide.
Old 05-14-2007, 03:45 AM
topsportsman1
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Well Mr.Porter you have made a very nice post about this,I am not at all saying everyone is not legit.

By saying you have the type of phone service that you do,I'd prolly say you are a good guy here,You are on the boards and there is an advantage you have to prove to a customer that you are legit.

All you'd have to do is go to the User Feedback and scammers section and use that tool to provide one of your customers you are legit by making a post there.Its simple.Make a post and members will verify you authenticity to the forum here.And the buyer can do the same by comming in and making a post on your thread.If there is a trust issue.

I also understand working nights,and sleeping in the day time,But if you are selling some thing you need to provide a reasonable service to the buyer.You have the parts he wants,and he has the money you want.

There has to be a reasonable time to call a person,most people its in the day time,8am to 6 pm and people must take in the fact of the time zone you are in.

What I an saying is people selling must cater to his customers,thats only good business practices,and usually people having good business practices go the extra mile when selling items,

So I guess I'd have to say,I wouldn't think it would be a good business practice to try and sell an Item on your terms,I'd have to say thats not fair,but thats my opinion.

In my business the customer always come 1st.Thats job 1 to me.

In fact I have had calls before for items at 1am in the morning of customers calling from the west coast and its 8 or 9 pm their time,I'm on the east coast.
Was I mad I got woke up? NO I did the transaction and it went very smoothly,Result: Happy customer,Happy seller,I did what I had to do.

It works, I am not here to bash you tporter just to try and give people a little insite in the world on the business end of things.

I have never had 1 bad deal yet, I have always made things right with others,If they are not happy as I presented my Item,I give full refund,shipping and appoligy to my customer,plus interest if they desire.

I can go on here but I better stop.

Like on the car rental deal I don't know why they gave you the big problem,but next time you rent a car I'd try a different technique maybe a visa card can pull some strings better,I don't know.

As for others on this board that have delt with me,and they know who they are,and I can say the same for them It was a pleasure and I'd back them 100% also It was a smooth deal,they did what they said,So did I.

There are alot of good guys on this site,but a few bad apples,And I'm hoping to change that.

Thanks
Old 05-14-2007, 03:58 AM
mytmouz
RACING JUNKIE

I agree with you, that's why I give them a number AFTER we start to deal, I find that when i give them a number and a time frame, it cuts down on the calls during my down time. And I wasn't taking it personal either, sorry if it came off that way. I just wanted to let folks know that not every one is a scammer. And as to the car rental, I had a VISA, since I didn't have a verified phone, they wanted 2 utility stubs and a copy of my last pay check. I wasn't looking to buy the car. :lol: Like I said earlier, it wasn't taken as an insult. I think you are doing a good job with the board.