Edit/delete Add

Old 03-11-2017, 01:04 PM
racingroy
SHOW GUEST

Default Edit/delete Add

Cool site, or maybe dump site...
I have two adds, want to make changes to my adds, but apparently I have to delete my
add and re-post the add to make changes, funny thing, the stupid site will not let me
delete my add(s).
Are there special tricks to deleting an add ??
Any help/tips would be appreciated.
Thanks.

Last edited by racingroy; 03-11-2017 at 03:07 PM.
Old 03-11-2017, 03:52 PM
SuperComp1R
MASTER BUILDER

it has its problems, i see a few cars still on here that have been sold months ago and they keep running them, i purchased a car on here several months ago and even after the ad expires they(RJ) keeps relisting it, i contacted RJ and they said the seller has to delete it, the seller did delete and they keep relisting it.
Old 03-12-2017, 07:54 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

Unless you are a paying member you can not edit or delete ads, they have to run till the end of the time you chose to have them listed
You can end the ad by clicking on the "sold" tab

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 03-15-2017, 06:02 AM
RacingJunk
Administrator
APPRENTICE

@racingroy...

Just like Harbone described, to remove the ads you just need to mark them as sold.

Also for security purposes NO ads on the site can have their original description edited. You can edit your price, title (in some categories), contact information, etc...We do this so people can not go back in and change the description after they have sold an item.

If you have any questions or comments please let us know?

Thanks for being part of the RacingJunk Classifieds community,
The Staff at RacingJunk.com Classifieds

Visit RacingJunk.com everyday.

Last edited by RacingJunk; 03-15-2017 at 06:13 AM.
Old 03-15-2017, 06:09 AM
RacingJunk
Administrator
APPRENTICE

@SuperComp1R...We do have a "run till it sells" (RTS) option that does repost an ad automatically once it expires. If users have sold those ads they need to either delete the ad or mark the ad as sold to let the system know to discontinue reposting the ad.

If a user did in fact delete a RTS ad and it did in fact repost then there is a bug in the system that we need to fix. Can you please provide us with the cars that have been deleted and keep relisting?

Visit RacingJunk.com everyday.
Old 03-21-2017, 12:34 PM
SuperComp1R
MASTER BUILDER

ad # 182528521, i purchased the car several months ago, seller did cancel the ad and yet its still on your site. also one of your rules to cancel an ad is that you must mark it SOLD, maybe your just tired of the tire kickers and you no longer want it listed but its not sold,.
Old 12-25-2022, 12:33 AM
oldcar34
SHOW GUEST

I have an ad where I just have a typo in the ad. I listed the racing Group SOVREN. But I think spell check changed it to “SORVEN”. Is there a way that this typo can just be fixed. Correct it to read “SOVREN”. I don’t want to delete the ad and re-list for a simple typo as I already paid $50 for the pictures and the other upgrades. Thank you.

Originally Posted by RacingJunk View Post
@SuperComp1R...We do have a "run till it sells" (RTS) option that does repost an ad automatically once it expires. If users have sold those ads they need to either delete the ad or mark the ad as sold to let the system know to discontinue reposting the ad.

If a user did in fact delete a RTS ad and it did in fact repost then there is a bug in the system that we need to fix. Can you please provide us with the cars that have been deleted and keep relisting?

Old 05-15-2023, 07:01 AM
annamarks
MASTER JOURNEYMAN

they have to run till the end of the time you chose to have them listed

Last edited by Harbone; 05-18-2023 at 04:25 AM.