Thread: Possible Scammer?

Possible Scammer?

I am selling my old race car on RJ & was contacted via text message today asking if the car was still for sale. I replied it was, then they asked what the price was even though it is clearly listed in the ad. I let them know the price & they replied back they will take the car & need my address or P.O. box to send a bank check too. He then said once the check clears he will have his movers come get the car. Sounds fishy to me but maybe I'm too cautious. I figured someone close by would want the car & come see it in person. Didn't expect a random text message.

Moderator RACING JUNKIE Harbone's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Its a scam, tell them cash and carry only and watch them vaporize into thin air...
    Chris

As close to "Normal" as I can get...

Same thing ... On A HRE TPI Intake .... Phone # (207) 424-0139 It's a Maine #....
    First he wanted it, then after a couple text he ask me the asking price ,even though his first post was that he was " ok with the listed price " . Same thing with the overnight check and his " movers" . I mentioned to him I just did a search and found his # with several scam related reports and for that reason this would be a "cash only deal" .. Never heard another peep ....