Thread: Nova LS swap

Senior Member DYNO OPERATOR Swiley383's Avatar

Nova LS swap

Thinking about doing a LS swap on my 74 nova bracket car. It a stock suspension bracket around 3200 lbs. wondering if the pay off would be worth the effort. Would most likely be a 5.3 or a 6.0 LS. What is the max lift cam the stock heads can handle? Not sure if I will go the carb or EFI route. What do you guys think?

Junior Member SHOW GUEST
    Quote Originally Posted by Swiley383 View Post
    Thinking about doing a LS swap on my 74 nova bracket car. It a stock suspension bracket around 3200 lbs. wondering if the pay off would be worth the effort. Would most likely be a 5.3 or a 6.0 LS. What is the max lift cam the stock heads can handle? Not sure if I will go the carb or EFI route. What do you guys think?
    I cant believe nobody responded to this in 2 months Absolutely,LS all the way NOthing worng with gen 1 SB but once you get used to LS,its a different animal I have one in my 70 chevelle,carb I would go 6.0 if its in budget,more cubes ,why not With ls6 springs you can do a hot cam with ease,Carb is much simplier than EFI for the first timer

Senior Member DYNO OPERATOR Swiley383's Avatar
    Still not sure what I am going to. Most likely will leave my mild big block in for a while. Just don't have the time right now. Set this motor in a while back and still haven't had time to finish it. Nothing is hooked up yet.