RJ seems to have sold out to the dealers and scammers!

Old 02-10-2016, 05:46 AM
grimratter
JUNIOR BUILDER

Default RJ seems to have sold out to the dealers and scammers!

Anyone else tired of all of the dealers and scammer ads listed here on RJ? It use to be a good site to check out cars and buy/sell personal streetrods and classics, but anymore it's just page after page of high priced dealers and wacked out scammers ads!!!
I'm really getting tired of listing one of my streetrods and having it buried under all the dealers ads! I myself, never look at ANY of the dealers ads. The problem is, is that I scroll so fast past the dealers and scammers ad's, I miss some of the regular ads!
I've been a paying honor member on this site, selling rods on here for almost 12 years now, and have done pretty good up until this past year, when RJ seems to have sold out and don't watch for obvious scammers, and have the high priced dealers overtake the site. I guess it's all about the money! It's sad, because it used to be about the members!
My yearly membership is due in April, might have to think twice about re-newing. I just might be looking for a new home!
Old 02-27-2016, 06:33 PM
lowend
SHOW GUEST

Yes, at least limit them on how many listing per week.(10 maybe).... scrolling past 50-100 at a time makes it hard to even bother coming on here...... this isn't the site for dealers like Gateway and other dealers listing 50-100 cars at once. One reason I stopped looking at some other sites.
Old 03-01-2016, 04:51 AM
BigBlockMark
MASTER BUILDER

I agree that dealer ads are irritating if they abuse it. I buy used carburetors on RJ and elsewere and resell them after rebuilding and making them look better, just as a hobby. I have yet to find a better place to buy and sell for drag racing items. If you guys find that "new home" site let me know where it is.
Old 05-25-2016, 01:06 PM
bixblk
DYNO OPERATOR

I have been successful with car parts etc. Cars not too well. I have been part of this forum for awhile and it has changed. I do get frustrated when you see pages of scooters or mini bikes, and then pages of trailers, then I realize I bought two trailers and a pit vehicle, neither on junk but from the internet,so I realize we do need that stuff so like Mark above says ...If you find "that new home" site let me know too !
JMO
Old 06-04-2016, 04:52 AM
jamesrice
SHOW GUEST

Why can't RJ create a new category for dealers only.
Seems to be the best way to avoid all of the over priced cars on the site.
Old 06-08-2016, 06:40 PM
undertaker598
APPRENTICE

I got fucked today $1200 for a new 871 blower race junk said its a buyer beware site fuck race junk! Seller richard V Harrisburg Va.
Item number 182699879
Old 06-30-2016, 05:02 AM
lockjawexpress
SHOW GUEST

With all of the dealers and non-paying members, I will not be renewing my membership...at least put the dealers in an area of their own, and with paying members, make them pay with PayPal. Less likely a scammer then.
Old 07-05-2016, 12:53 PM
RacingJunk
Administrator
APPRENTICE

RacingJunk.com Members,

Please know that we have heard your concerns about the influx of dealer inventory in a select few categories. As exciting as it was to bring in so many new ads for our members this weekend it did come with a couple of bumps along the way.

That being said, we want to assure you that we are currently working on a couple different solutions, the first of which is currently being implemented to help spread the dealer ads throughout the classifieds instead of loading them all together at the top of the listings. We also have some exciting work being done to implement a user friendly sorting tool that will allow you to choose which type of ad you would like to view (private vs dealer).

We are always looking to improve RacingJunk and thank you for being patient and loyal RacingJunk.com members. If you ever have any questions or concerns about the site, feel free to email us or give us a call.

Thanks,
Team RacingJunk.com

Visit RacingJunk.com everyday.
Old 07-27-2016, 11:11 AM
RacingJunk
Administrator
APPRENTICE

Great news!

The new user friendly sorting tool is up and running on RacingJunk. You can now choose to only look at private or dealers ads. We have them separated by a new tab system which lets you quickly jump from one group to the other. If you have any questions or concerns feel free to give us a call.

Additional information can be found here:
http://www.racingjunk.com/news/2016/...acingjunk-com/

As always, thanks for the feedback!

Visit RacingJunk.com everyday.

Last edited by RacingJunk; 07-27-2016 at 11:36 AM.
Old 08-02-2016, 05:23 AM
A1970SSSSSSSS
SHOW GUEST

What the hell have u done to the site??
Return it back too the old...you.ve ruined a good site

Then you insult me with junior member stat ...Ya well i've been here for many years .....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -