Phishing scammer

Old 01-22-2016, 07:14 PM
hbps1978
SHOW GUEST

Thumbs down Phishing scammer

All,

I've had a text scammer contact me several times over the last few months about items I've had for sale on other sites. One of the phone numbers the scammer is using is 912-290-9879. This is a Georgia phone number. The person continues to tell me that he is in the military and he will send me a cashiers check for payment and will send someone to pick up whatever he/she wants to buy. The scam is a phishing scam. This person contacted me tonight through three different phone numbers with a similar story each time and also wanted my address and then wanted more private information. Please be careful for anyone telling you that they are ready to send you money for an item and doesn't give you pertinent information about themselves and won't talk to you on the phone and tells you they are in the military and they aren't at home and that they are somewhere else across the country. This idiot started threatening me tonight after his third attempt to scam me through three different phone numbers via text message. This person always uses the short term "cos" for the word "because" so keep notice of this. This person will avoid giving you an address and name as long as they can and if they do it will be a false name. They guy used a name of someone in the UK tonight finally and a California address of a home that is vacant and for sale on several of the homes for sale web sites/apps and told me that he was in Battle Creek Michigan at specific address in this town. He threatened me with coming to see me soon and sending his troop down to take care of me and he always states that he is a "military man" in his texts. Keep an eye out for this loser. I intend to file a police report on this turd because he has text me numerous times in the past also.
Old 01-23-2016, 05:13 AM
BigBlockMark
MASTER BUILDER

If this scammer reached you thru a Racing Junk ad,, you can report it to the site and they will investigate it. If he has a membership they can delete it. That is about all they can do.
Old 03-13-2016, 10:30 AM
nova514bbc
APPRENTICE

When I get the scammers that claim to be in the military I ask what their MOS is and remind them that its a federal crime to impersonate a soldier and thanks for providing a phone number to contact them .......I NEVER get a return text