View Single Post
Old 04-13-2009, 04:06 AM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by shawnp
I will tell you that we have been running a mono shock swingarm now for close to 10 years. Have had hardtails and driven true 4-link cars. I would never switch back from the swingarm. The swingarm movement is up and down. No side to side when racing the stripe or lifting in the shutdown like you can get out of a 4-link and no bounce like you can get with a hardtail. Currently have a 2008 Racetech Swingarm that is the smoothest of cars we have owned (it is also 4-sale on the classifieds if you want to talk about a deal :wink: ). The car we had previous was a Nelson car that we had a front and rear suspension on. Same as Hammertime will post about when he sees this. That suspension set up is killer as well. You want to look for a car with a cage 23" or bigger. It will help with resale as they will accommodate larger drivers where 22 and smaller is snug and limits resale opportunities. Ask away if there is anything that comes to mind.

x3

Shawn and I talk a lot and have basically the same feeling on cars.
Also IMO do NOT get caught up in the "big" name cars, just because it says Undercover doesnt mean its going to turn on win lights.