Old 01-23-2008, 09:11 AM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: Fuel cell location for blown alcohol injected bbc

Originally Posted by teamorange
Is anyone using a rear/trunk mounted fuel cell to feed a blown/injected bbc? This engine dynoed 1150 hp @ 7000 rpm and will be in a 3500 lb backhalved camaro. It's not a filled block/head combo and will be using a radiator/electric waterpump, I plan on racing, cruising & big shows. I want to be able to do more than a burnout and 1/4 mile pass before refilling a 4 gal front mount cell. I would anticipate 60' times in the 1.25-1.30 range.
It's an 8-71 blower with an Enderle injection/pump/bird catcher. Line size, pitfalls and pictures or diagrams appreciated. Not really on a budget, like stuff right.
Thanks,
Ken
Good thing you're not on a budget,
i assume that you are running atleast an 80A pump with your setup. That pump puts out approx. 6.8/7.2 GPM, i don't know if you can feed it from the back without a surge/reserve tank mounted in the front. the enderle pump is not a sucker, only a pusher. I personally run an enderle 110 pump for blown applications which puts out 12.8 GPM.
It's hard for me to imagine being able to keep enough fuel to that pump on a full blown 1/4 mile pass without a surge tank. We're not talking carbs here, there's no reserve holding in the injection like on carbs and the first time you run that pump out of fuel, you can buy some more pistons. That's been my experience atleast. A magnflow 500, if my caculation is right, says just over 8 GPM, i think you're pushing the limits without a reserve tank, and many outer people have already found this out (that's where the reserve tank idea came from)

JMO

Zip.