View Single Post
Old 05-16-2011, 03:37 PM
bbchevy
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: Milky oil and alcohol

Originally Posted by kod99
I am having some very serious oil milking problems this season.

598 BBC with Dart Pro2 heads, Enderle 80A-1 fuel pump, Ron's Terminator, Moroso vacuum pump.

I ran the engine on the dyno before putting it in the car, and got the best HP / Torque figures with #38 nozzles and a #45 pill. The dyno even indiacted that the engine wanted more fuel, but this was the biggest nozzles / smallest pill I had at the time.

I warmed the car up to set the timing and valve lash. It was idling for about 10 minutes and the temp was only at 110 F. In that 10 minutes, it burned about 5 gallons of alcohol.

I just made my first run with the new configuration and my oil foamed up so badly that the vacuum pump filled the catch can and forced about a quart of oil out of the catch can breather all over the engine. I know the car is running too rich. The temp at the end of the run was 140 F.

The correct intake fitting for the vacuum pump is mounted on the end of the valve cover, as recommended by Moroso.

I can build more engine temp and reduce the oil milking by increasing the pill size but is there any way to reduce the amount of oil the vacuum pump is picking up?

The fuel pressure at an idle is 60 psi and 170 psi at full throttle. Does this sound high? Should I be running a bypass valve?

Any ideas?
I SURE HOPE You have a 1060 Terminator,and NOT a 1055?You NEED the Bigger Injector with Your Combo!
You Realy could use a 39 or 40 Nozzle.I have a 496 and I have 38's in Mine!
I DONT Understand the .045 Main?You should be in the .085 Range,do you have a High Flow Barrel Valve?Gray or Purple?
Zip's dead on with the L/Down.
DID You have the PUMP Flowed?A -1 Enderle,should be in the 6.5 gal range?
LMK?
Later
G 8)