Racingjunk Forums

Racingjunk Forums (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Electrical (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Fouled plugs (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18058)

chevguy65 08-11-2007 05:43 AM

Fouled plugs

If my plugs are badly fouled should I clean or replace them?

Last week when I had my fuel pump moved the mechanic...LOL...I let do it did not flush the braided line and caused a major issue and fouled all my plugs by the issue it caused.

It's early and the explanation may not make sense....so refer back to the question...lol :shock:

topsportsman1 08-11-2007 05:48 AM

Replace them Carl,badly fouled spark plugs,wet porcilin,even after dryed out will miss-fire,I'd change them if it were me

chevguy65 08-11-2007 05:53 AM

Originally Posted by topsportsman1
Replace them Carl,badly fouled spark plugs,wet porcilin,even after dryed out will miss-fire,I'd change them if it were me

Thanks Tom,

I was leaning that way, but those plugs are like $6.00 a pop or more, it may be $9.00, anyway, it is worth it.

topsportsman1 08-11-2007 06:05 AM

Originally Posted by chevguy65

Originally Posted by topsportsman1

Thanks Tom,

I was leaning that way, but those plugs are like $6.00 a pop or more, it may be $9.00, anyway, it is worth it.

What are them spark plugs?Sounds aweful high priced to me,

Maybe your being taken to the cleaners on them,tell me the make and part number of the plugs,
I hope you are not getting bitten on the platinum plug thing,they are not worth the money.

spib 08-15-2007 07:02 AM

carl you should have a filter between the tank and the pump all in the back, and if he just moved the pump why would you have to clean the line it should be clean as hell anyway and nothing should get to carb, I took my pump off a while back and changed to a differnt style filter, it didnt matter though, I had a filter right off fuel cell then pump, line is clean like it is supposed to be!!!!

curtisreed 08-15-2007 07:11 AM

Hey Top,

How about the big hype of the Denso iridium racing plugs. Any validity to the claims they make. Can't see myself paying $30 plus dollars a piece for plugs but I have wondered.

Curtis

bjuice 08-15-2007 04:44 PM

Tom and i have spoke about these plugs (Denso) before..A BIG RIP OFF...all a person needs is the correct heat range AUTOLITE plug with the cutback ground electrode..about $4.00 a plug..

Brian

topsportsman1 08-15-2007 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by doorracer
Hey Top,

How about the big hype of the Denso iridium racing plugs. Any validity to the claims they make. Can't see myself paying $30 plus dollars a piece for plugs but I have wondered.

Curtis

Curtis
Save your money,don't believe the hype.

Like Brian said,all you need is a good Autolite (AR) series or a good NGK racing series plug

Tom

Racefab57 09-16-2007 03:51 PM

Ive had the best luck with ngk's. David. p.s. autolites fine too im sure.