Racingjunk Forums

Racingjunk Forums (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/index.php)
-   User Feedback & Scammer watch (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Ad#1024325 member - burchjonathan (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18949)

bad60gmc 11-18-2007 06:07 PM

Ad#1024325 member - burchjonathan

I sent this guy a message asking about his car and this is the message he sent me back, sounds real fishy

Hello there,
Thank you for your interest in purchase of my Ford. The reason for selling it is due to my relocation in Miami , Fl and need of some extra money to buy a family car . Baby on way . I offer free shipping .This Car will Kick it and is One of a Kind. My Ford is an 1967 K Code Fastback GTA model , 62296 miles and has a clear title. It is manufactured in 1967 , it is like new ( as you see in pictures ). Original K Block with Hipo Rods, Crank and Aluminum Dart Heads, Studded Block, Solid Cam, Roller Rockers, Torker Intake, 650 Holley Double Pumper, Mallory MSD ignition. Original C4 Transmission Built to Handle the Engine, Quick Change Rear End 3:23 Gears, All Suspension has Been Modified and Lowered, Boxed A Arms, HD Springs and 5/8 Sway Bars, 5 Leaf Reversed Eyed Rear Springs, Koni Shocks, Flow Master Exhaust, Car was being set up for IMSA Racing but was never Raced, Roll Bar and Rear Package Tray, Power Front Disc Brakes with 11 X 2 Inch rear Drums.
Runs and Drives Excellent.If you are interested to buy it please let me know your decision as I have alot of other offers and need to find a buyer soon.The payment will be handled by Lufthansa shipping company . You will have to make a deposit of $2600 US at Lufthansa and after the deposit is made , I will start the shipping process to your location . After the car will arrive at your location you will have 10 days for tests and inspection .The price of $8,900 US is not negociable .Looking forward to hear soon from you.
Thank You and God Bless You
PS: My email address is : [email protected] , please send me your replay there

dw 11-18-2007 06:13 PM

this is definitely a scam! looks as if they have stolen pics from another site. i reported it to RJ!

If this ad is for real, i will take a truck load of them at this price if they are all like this one!

DW

topsportsman1 11-18-2007 07:49 PM

An important notice from Racingjunk.com regarding member burchjonathan Message: Our records indicate that you may have been in contact with a member on our site that goes by User Name burchjonathan.

We are writing to notify you that we have taken measures to disable their account, delete all messages sent by burchjonathan and delete any ads that burchjonathan may have been running.

As always we highly encourage you to report any ads or messages that seem suspicious, inappropriate or unfit.

Racingjunk.com...helping make your membership safer everyday!

Thank you.

wlpatterson 11-20-2007 05:39 AM

Scammer

Im almost of a mind to think anybody that will fall for these scams that are posted by these scumbags (that are so obvious that a blind person can see through) shouldnt be out here online buying parts!! We have some really good scammers(from our country) that can get you but all these type ads are the same--Most of them cant write english!! I really feel for anyone that can read or write falling for one of these ads---May Be they should have stayed in school a bit longer--
Dont get me wrong--Ive been had several times on this site myself but they all spoke very good english-In fact it may be they spoke it better than I understood it!!