Racingjunk Forums

Racingjunk Forums (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/index.php)
-   User Feedback & Scammer watch (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   doc1racer (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25707)

Joes69 09-15-2009 08:40 AM

doc1racer

hello I have a car on here and the above gentleman wants to buy it.He is going to have it picked up or basically shipped.He said he is going to wire the money and it will be in my account before any shipping is done.has anyone ever done anything like this and are there things I can do to safeguard myself..thanks

hammertime 09-15-2009 08:46 AM

Wire transfers are somewhat safe, but you still need to wait and make sure the funds clear 10 days is what I'd be calling good.

My wife works at a bank and wire transfers sometimes are bogus so they wait to be cleared.

THERATTLER 09-15-2009 08:55 AM

Yeah , I would let my bank know what the deal is and make sure that the money can't be taken back before my car went anywhere . there have been scams where the money was put in , the car shipped and then the transaction reversed leaving the people with no car and no money,,,better yet,,,tell him to give the CASH to the person coming to pick it up so they can pay you , done deal,,,,J M O,,,,Paul

THERATTLER 09-15-2009 08:58 AM

DAMN,,,,I type too slow , David,,,,,my wife works at a bank too, thats the only way I knew it could be reversed , she said it is happening alot lately,, :x

Harbone 09-15-2009 09:54 AM

Can you get any personal information on the guy? Full name, address, phone number, etc...
Do some searching on the net to see if his info is legit. DO NOT give him any personal bank info, account numbers, etc.
Lots of scams out there right now, you have to cover your ars!

blowninjected540 09-15-2009 12:00 PM

I HAVE DONE WIRE TRANSFERS IN THE PAST. Go to your bank and tell them what your doing. My bank open a new account so your buyer can wire the money to your new account number when the money gets there you transfer the money to your regular account and all is good. You can open a new account for free these days.

bigray 09-15-2009 02:37 PM

XXXXXXXXXXXXXX 2 ON THE NEW ACCT,THATS THE ONLY WAY TO DO IT,,

THERATTLER 09-15-2009 02:41 PM

:D I STILL LIKE THE ''C A S H'' IDEA , IF A PERSON IS COMING TO PICK IT UP , HE CAN BE TRUSTED WITH A CAR THEN HE CAN BE TRUSTED WITH "CASH" BRING ME :D :D :D M O N E Y :D :D :D

DirkaDirka 09-15-2009 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by maniac
:D I STILL LIKE THE ''C A S H'' IDEA , IF A PERSON IS COMING TO PICK IT UP , HE CAN BE TRUSTED WITH A CAR THEN HE CAN BE TRUSTED WITH "CASH" BRING ME :D :D :D M O N E Y :D :D :D

My thoughts too. If they are coming to pick up a car then they can go by their bank and get the cash out of it too instead of writing a check.

bigray 09-15-2009 03:07 PM

I HERE YA, I SOLD MY 41 COUPE TO A GUY IN YORK PA,SOME TIME BACK.HE GAVE ME 500.00 UP FRONT TO DEL THE CAR,THEN 14000.00 CASH WHEN I GOT THERE,IT DIDNT BOTHER ME ONE BIT TO HAVE THAT MUCH CASH ON ME.RIGHT BESIDE MY 9MM AND BACK TO OKLAHOMA WE CAME..