Racingjunk Forums

Racingjunk Forums (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/index.php)
-   User Feedback & Scammer watch (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   watch out for hostile455ta (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28488)

macgyver 07-23-2010 12:11 AM

watch out for hostile455ta

he very much so miss represented the engine he sold me.know i have a 4500.00 piece of junk. ask me how,i would be very happy to tell you.

Harbone 07-23-2010 04:16 AM

was it bought through Racingjunk? what was the ad#?

hollowayshotrods 07-23-2010 05:11 AM

Is this a game show? Maybe a classroom quiz?
If you have a beef with someone, tell it. I doubt you will find much sympathy if you MAKE folks ASK you what happened. We will certainly help you, just make it as easy as you can.
Provide details and proof, otherwise you are just pissing in the wind.
ANYONE can come on here and badmouth someone.
I'd clam up if I was you, at least until you show some proof:I.E., pictures, emails, ad #, etc. You get the idea!
Sure hope you aren't another one of those "one post and runs" guys.
Having said my piece, welcome to the forum. :D

Originally Posted by macgyver
he very much so miss represented the engine he sold me.know i have a 4500.00 piece of junk. ask me how,i would be very happy to tell you.

mopar1968 07-23-2010 08:14 PM

In the famous word's of ''Lively'' INFO INFO INFO :!: :!: :!: JMO Mark Arnold

robinhorn 07-24-2010 02:49 PM

well, I do not see a reply so I will take a crack at it....

I found a motor for sale on line and it was the best deal I hav ever seen. It was a BLA BLA BLA a was only $$$$. It was such a steal I just could not believe it, but the lazy bug crawed up my a$$ and died. So I trusted this guy that everything he said was 100% true.

Will I sent him my money ans I did not hear from him for weeks then the UPS guy dropped off the motor and it sat in my shop for 6 months before I took it apart and WOW this is nothing but a junk yard motor.

I now want everyone to take my side and make this guy pay me back for this pile of crap. Why???? Because I am Lazy and thought I was getting something for free from a person I have never meet.

macgyver 07-24-2010 10:38 PM

hostile455ta

he advertised a 383 sbc with a complete brand new forged eagle rotating assembly, with afr 220 comp heads with cnc porting. he said everything is brand new.he clamed 600 hp.when i got it i took the valve covers off and found 3 damaged rocker arms and noticed the geometry of the valve trane was off. dropped the pan and found nothing new or forged.it is a motor put together with a bunch of junk parts.the cylinder walls were scored,there was metal in the pan.the rods must have got very hot because the piston end was a blue ish purple color. nothing he said about the motor was true. his responce was well thats what he was told and that no warranty or gaurnty was inplide.this was said after you will not be disopointed with this motor.this is after he told me how great his engine builder is. i will post the ad number and try to attach my e-mails back and forth. the guy is a crook.

macgyver 07-25-2010 01:47 PM

ad #

THE AD NUMBER FOR THE MOTOR WAS 1889146. DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW I CAN ATTACH E-MAILS TO THE POST ??????????????????

hollowayshotrods 07-25-2010 01:51 PM

Copy and paste would likely work best. I sent him a message, maybe he will come around.

Tod74 07-25-2010 03:05 PM

I am sorry you got screwed but I swear 8 out of 10 threads on here are the same exact thing. "It's not what he said it was and when I confronted him he said That's what he was told."

If someone won't let you pull the pan and one head before you buy an engine then keep looking...after all, it's worth $100 wiorth of gaskets to know you are getting what you are paying for. I would N E V E R!!!! BUY a used engine that was assembled.

lively 07-25-2010 04:25 PM

geeee---after looking at the add/ reading it over and over again/then realizing he does say it has 600 plus horse and states it is a BADASS 8) 8) I THINK THE MAN COMPLETELY LIED THRU HIS SCAMMING TEETH :roll: :roll:
BUT--DID YOU LISTEN TO THE MOTOR/DID YOU POP A VALVE COVER OFF/ DID YOU GO SEE THIS THING IN PERSON/ DID YOU DO ANYTHING TO FIND OUT ABOUT THIS ENGINE -BEFORE- YOU BOUGHT IT ????? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
MORE INFO NEEDED :wink:

Tod74 07-25-2010 04:34 PM

You can read that ad and tell he is full of crap.

For one thing a cam that has .620 lift with 1.5 rockers would have .661 lift with 1.6 rockers.

Guessing the horsepower based on a magazine article that used different cam and different heads......LMAO!!

I'm sorry you got screwed maybe Scorp will shed some light on your options besides your foot up his butt.

Caveat Emptor

hostile455ta 07-25-2010 04:56 PM

he heard this engine run said he wanted it. a couple of weeks later he emails me and said it is junk. it did not knock very little smoke and sounded great. thats how i received it and thats how he got it. it is unfortunated how this is turning out

Tod74 07-25-2010 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by hostile455ta
he heard this engine run said he wanted it. a couple of weeks later he emails me and said it is junk. it did not knock very little smoke and sounded great. thats how i received it and thats how he got it. it is unfortunated how this is turning out

On one hand you could say " If he heard it run and had the chance to inspect it what else can you do?"

ON THE OTHER HAND... I would suggest that you KNOW what an engine is for sure before you advertise it because it is the sellers responsibility to accurately represent the item.It's the buyers responsibility to trust nobody and look out for their own good. If you didn't know it was what was advertised shame on you for not checking. I think you owe him some money back if the internals are not what you say they were. How much is going to need to be agreed upon by the two of you.

bugzzy1 07-25-2010 06:02 PM

Honor payment

I didn't see anything about an honor payment. Are you trying to be a freeloader? It's only been 24 days.

lively 07-25-2010 06:44 PM

the BAD THING IS ' YOU STATED IN THE ADD WHAT THE ENGINE HAD DONE TO IT AND THE PARTS IT HAD IN IT--BUT--NOW YOU SAY YOU DIDN'T REALLY KNOW :evil: :evil: --THAT MY FRIEND IS A SCAM---YOU MISREPRESENTED THIS ITEM AND ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THAT ERROR--AND I THINK IN COURT [YOU WOULD LOSE :oops: ]

zipper06 07-25-2010 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by lively

the BAD THING IS ' YOU STATED IN THE ADD WHAT THE ENGINE HAD DONE TO IT AND THE PARTS IT HAD IN IT--BUT--NOW YOU SAY YOU DIDN'T REALLY KNOW :evil: :evil: --THAT MY FRIEND IS A SCAM---YOU MISREPRESENTED THIS ITEM AND ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THAT ERROR--AND I THINK IN COURT [YOU WOULD LOSE :oops: ]

No lively, in court he may not lose, (he would lose), the buyer bought the motor based on what it was advertised as having in it. Hearing it run would not evaluate what's inside the motor. Bottom line the seller would lose for misreprensation of the motor and shame on him for advertising what he did or didn't know he had. Too many people today are selling parts/motors that have no clue about what's in them and we see it every week here on RJ.

JMO

Zip.

MEMRACING62 07-25-2010 08:40 PM

Yup, to many seller that dont know what there selling & buyers that dont know what the heck there looking at. :roll:

ccperf721p 07-25-2010 09:01 PM

I highly doubt they don't know what they are selling. It's just easier to screw someone out of their money and blame some figment of their imagination for the junk.

robinhorn 07-26-2010 12:59 PM

Man my last post on this was almost dead on.

We just bought a car from my friend and 100% went through it as I would with anyone else

Scooterz 07-26-2010 06:56 PM

Well Hostile... is that it??? A couple of words & then you run like you did nothing wrong? So what I hear you saying is: you are justified in selling the motor under false pretences, false HP, internals. etc... because the buyer "heard it run???" pleeeeze.... that is like saying you are half-pregnant... are you half pregnant Mr. Hostile????? You scammed him... man up.

Scorpion1110 07-27-2010 04:05 AM

It will be really unfortunate when he takes you to Court for misrepresentation. And my HOSTILE friend, his chances of beating you are extremely high- It just depends on how motivated and committed he is.

Here is the legal definition of misrepresentation:

Misrepresentation

An assertion or manifestation by words or conduct that is not in accord with the facts.

Misrepresentation is a tort, or a civil wrong. This means that a misrepresentation can create civil liability if it results in a pecuniary loss. For example, assume that a real estate speculator owns swampland but advertises it as valuable commercially zoned land. This is a misrepresentation. If someone buys the land relying on the speculator's statement that it is commercially valuable, the buyer may sue the speculator for monetary losses resulting from the purchase.

To create liability for the maker of the statement, a misrepresentation must be relied on by the listener or reader. Also, the speaker must know that the listener is relying on the factual correctness of the statement. Finally, the listener's reliance on the statement must have been reasonable and justified, and the misrepresentation must have resulted in a pecuniary loss to the listener.

A misrepresentation need not be intentionally false to create liability. A statement made with conscious ignorance or a reckless disregard for the truth can create liability. Nondisclosure of material or important facts by a fiduciary or an expert, such as a doctor, lawyer, or accountant, can result in liability. If the speaker is engaged in the business of selling products, any statement, no matter how innocent, may create liability if the statement concerns the character or quality of a product and the statement is not true. In such a case, the statement must be one of fact. This does not include so-called puffing, or the glowing opinions of a seller in the course of a sales pitch (such statements as "you'll love this car," or "it's a great deal").

A misrepresentation in a contract can give a party the right to rescind the contract. A Rescission of a contract returns the parties to the positions they held before the contract was made. A party can rescind a contract for misrepresentation only if the statement was material, or critical, to the agreement.

A misrepresentation on the part of the insured in an insurance policy can give the insurer the right to cancel the policy or refuse a claim. An insurer may do this only if the misrepresentation was material to the risk insured against and would have influenced the insurer in determining whether to issue a policy. For example, if a person seeking auto insurance states that she has no major chronic illnesses, the insurer's subsequent discovery that the applicant had an incurable disease at the time she completed the insurance form probably will not give the insurer the right to cancel the auto policy. However, if the person was seeking Health Insurance, such a misrepresentation may justify cancellation of the policy or a denial of coverage. Generally, cancellation or denial of insurance coverage for a misrepresentation can occur only if the insurance applicant was aware of the inaccuracy of the statement.

He has got you on paragrah four Hostile. If it were me; you would already be served and would be preparing your travel to my home state. Why? because you do business in my state as you are an Internet advertsier, thus I make the case you are at minimum a sole proprietor and conducting business in MD. And by doing so I can reasonably argue that you are able to be sued in my state. (State case law supports this)

Go get him Macgyver.

Scorp

Scooterz 07-27-2010 10:10 AM

Yep, now we will STAMP what you said... your words say it all.

macgyver 07-31-2010 03:03 PM

i will try to put the e-mails back and forth tonite. he told me everything was brand new. the heads are 20 years old,the only thing they are good for is a boat anchor.he told me everything in the motor was new,and that it had all arp bolts. the rods have what looks to be all new arp bolts.the motor is full of miss matched bolts half rounded off.nothing in the motor is new but the rod bolts.this thing was built out of junk yard crap.i cant see telling a flat out lie.he is going to get a visit and some mail.its all in the works,along with gimpy's garage. we are all in this hobby to have fun.this was going to be a positive project for me and my handy cap son. THANKS A LOT JAMES HAMMOND,CON ARTIST SCUM BAG.I HOPE YOUR 67 FIREBIRD BURNS TO THE GROUND WITH YOU IN IT.YOU SILK PANNY MF .HAVE A SET OF BALLS AND STAND UP AND DUE WHAT IT RIGHT.

Tod74 07-31-2010 05:23 PM

You need to do as the LORD says and "turn the other cheek"

It might make you feel better if you Pray for him.Seems to work for this guy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atBg9zLI2bA

macgyver 08-01-2010 03:28 PM

if any one wants to read the e-mails,pm me you e-mail address.i cant seem to paste them.

Tod74 08-01-2010 03:41 PM

Re: e-mail

if any one wants to read the e-mails,pm me you e-mail address.i cant seem to paste them.

Should be able to Just hold your left mouse button down and highlight all the text, then right click the mouse and click copy, then come here and click reply, and when the box opens up to type just right click the mouse in the blank area and hit paste.

macgyver 08-04-2010 06:24 PM

i am sorry this turns out to be the case darren i told you what i was told. engine was completely built by bender machine shop in newville pa. i do not have that kind of money as i paid bills with what i received from you. there were no guarantees or warranties implied. do what you feel you need to do. once again i am sorry this is the case

--- On Mon, 7/19/10, [email protected] <[email protected]> wrote:

Subject: 383
To: "Hammond, James" <[email protected]>
Cc: "Mr.T Layton" <[email protected]>
Date: Monday, July 19, 2010, 11:20 PM

James , The bottom end of the motor I bought from you that was on racing junk . com does not have a full eagle forged assembly as stated in you description. You also you told me every part in the engine is new,this is not the case either. You told Me the motor was put together with all ARP bolts.It is not. You told Me the heads are brand new AFR competition eliminator heads.They are not. The walls of the cylinders are severely scored. 3 of the rocker arms are damaged. The cam looks like it was improperly broke in. The holes in the fly wheel where the torque converter bolts to the fly wheel are out of round. Many of the bolts in the engine are rounded off. Most of the holes in the heads are either stripped out or have bolts snapped off in them. The ends of the connecting rods are a blue purple color. There were metal fragments in the motor. Also the motor had some kind of very thick oil additive in it .This is by far a unprofessionally built motor. I asked you several times if there was anything wrong or needed that I should Know.You said that everything is fine. I am giving you a chance to make good on this or refund my money before I take further action. I have not run this engine,all i have done is put it on my engine stand and pulled the valve covers and oil pan that has a flapping windage pan in it. I am more than likely going to take it to a professional engine builder for disassembly and diagnosis. Kindly respond with Your intensions on how you are to resolve this issue. I would like to be reimbursed My 4500 dollars and in return you can have the motor back. Failure to respond will result in further action being taken. I can be contacted at 1-609-680-6145. I thank you for your cooperation in advance.
Darren.

Tod74 08-04-2010 10:05 PM

i am sorry this turns out to be the case darren i told you what i was told. engine was completely built by bender machine shop in newville pa. i do not have that kind of money as i paid bills with what i received from you. there were no guarantees or warranties implied. do what you feel you need to do. once again i am sorry this is the case

James , The bottom end of the motor I bought from you that was on racing junk . com does not have a full eagle forged assembly as stated in you description. You also you told me every part in the engine is new,this is not the case either. You told Me the motor was put together with all ARP bolts.It is not. You told Me the heads are brand new AFR competition eliminator heads.They are not. The walls of the cylinders are severely scored. 3 of the rocker arms are damaged. The cam looks like it was improperly broke in. The holes in the fly wheel where the torque converter bolts to the fly wheel are out of round. Many of the bolts in the engine are rounded off. Most of the holes in the heads are either stripped out or have bolts snapped off in them. The ends of the connecting rods are a blue purple color. There were metal fragments in the motor. Also the motor had some kind of very thick oil additive in it .This is by far a unprofessionally built motor. I asked you several times if there was anything wrong or needed that I should Know.You said that everything is fine. I am giving you a chance to make good on this or refund my money before I take further action. I have not run this engine,all i have done is put it on my engine stand and pulled the valve covers and oil pan that has a flapping windage pan in it. I am more than likely going to take it to a professional engine builder for disassembly and diagnosis. Kindly respond with Your intensions on how you are to resolve this issue. I would like to be reimbursed My 4500 dollars and in return you can have the motor back. Failure to respond will result in further action being taken. I can be contacted at 1-609-680-6145. I thank you for your cooperation in advance.
Darren.

You need to take out a loan and buy this thing back. It doesn't matter what you were told, all that matters is what you advertyised and sold.

Scorpion1110 08-05-2010 04:08 AM

Darren.

Do a search on Bender machine and let them know what Hostile said. Also let them know that you are going to share the condition of this engine at every racing website you can find with the tagline from Hostile.

If they are reputable then the two of you can go after him together.

And I would indeed go after him for recovery and legal fees based on misrepresentation of goods.

Scorp

Scooterz 08-05-2010 10:31 AM

Mr. Hammond:

"This is the case" on the motor you sold that you were responsible for. The past owner has no responsibility in this equation. Unfortunately for you, it does not add up to to even a weak excuse. You made an error & you are responsible to correct it. Make no mistake, this is on your shoulders to work it out... not the buyer. In this case, I believe he WILL sue you & the consequences will get much worse. if you are banking on him dropping this, you are probably going to loose worse.

Then there is a moral obligation... the fact that you screwed him... inadvertently or not... you screwed him. "I am sorry" is not going to make him feel better. You will reap what you sow brutha. JMO.

Scorpion1110 08-05-2010 11:24 AM

http://local.yahoo.com/info-12011680...-shop-newville

Call Bender and let them know that Hostile has sold an engine and is making them resonsible. Effectively that could be construed as transferring a warranty from Bender Machine.

Let them know you are going to file a claim against them based on the info provided by Hostile UNLESS they would like to join you and file suit against Hostile. Hit him in small claims court in PA.

I am sure that they will be pleased that if the motor is junk as you represent, that he associated it with them.

And post all over the web that this guy sold you an engine which is junk that he has told you was built by Bender Machine. Just the facts that you can back up and.......

sure to make everyone happy.

Hostile it might be time to sell some car parts to raise some cash :)

Scorp

macgyver 08-10-2010 09:36 PM

I am going to call the machine shop when they open in the morning.Also what about the shop i picked the motor up from,are they on the hook.he may be part owner or just works there.why would i have to file in small claims court.this is out right fraud, isn't that a federal charge. i have a call into my brother in-law. he is a lawyer but in FLA.i am sure through the bar he can get me all the bullets i need to prosecute JAMES HAMMOND,AKA HOSTILE455TA. HE WAS ALL OVER THE INTERNET BRAGGING ABOUT HOW GREAT THIS ENGINE IS,WHEN HE WAS STILL TRYING TO SELL IT. I AM GOING TO LOOK GOOD DRIVING HIS 67 FIREBIRD.AND HIS DOUBLE WIDE WILL MAKE A NICE SMALL CAMPER. HE CAN RUN BUT HE CAN NOT HIDE.CAUSE HE IS TO FAT. ITS FUNNY HOW HE IS GOING ALL OVER THE WEB DELETING HIS POSTS. OOPS TO LATE FATSO,I HAVE THEM ALL SAVED. F ME, NO F U. I AM GOING TO CALL GIMPY'S GARAGE IN ORRSTOWN PA,TO LET THEM KNOW ABOUT IT.THIS IS WHERE I PICKED THE MOTOR UP FROM. ITS TIME TO SNUFF THE ROOSTER. HOSTILE,I AM NEVER GOING AWAY.

Scorpion1110 08-11-2010 04:02 AM

Re: 383

I am going to call the machine shop when they open in the morning.Also what about the shop i picked the motor up from,are they on the hook.he may be part owner or just works there.why would i have to file in small claims court.this is out right fraud, isn't that a federal charge. i have a call into my brother in-law. he is a lawyer but in FLA.i am sure through the bar he can get me all the bullets i need to prosecute JAMES HAMMOND,AKA HOSTILE455TA. HE WAS ALL OVER THE INTERNET BRAGGING ABOUT HOW GREAT THIS ENGINE IS,WHEN HE WAS STILL TRYING TO SELL IT. I AM GOING TO LOOK GOOD DRIVING HIS 67 FIREBIRD.AND HIS DOUBLE WIDE WILL MAKE A NICE SMALL CAMPER. HE CAN RUN BUT HE CAN NOT HIDE.CAUSE HE IS TO FAT. ITS FUNNY HOW HE IS GOING ALL OVER THE WEB DELETING HIS POSTS. OOPS TO LATE FATSO,I HAVE THEM ALL SAVED. F ME, NO F U. I AM GOING TO CALL GIMPY'S GARAGE IN ORRSTOWN PA,TO LET THEM KNOW ABOUT IT.THIS IS WHERE I PICKED THE MOTOR UP FROM. ITS TIME TO SNUFF THE ROOSTER. HOSTILE,I AM NEVER GOING AWAY.

Depending on the amount and the fact that I would take this guy to Court myself I suggested small claims court. You dont always need an attorney to win in Court if your documentation is in order.

Indeed I would make all parties defendants.

Scorp

macgyver 08-26-2010 03:45 PM

update

I have been in contact with Mike Bender of Benders auto and machine shop. Mike is a very nice person and aparently is a victum of the this mess as well. He did not build this motor. He installed the crank rods and pistons into the block for a guy named Kenny Adams about 6 years ago.The guy completed putting together the motor him self,and could never get it to run properly and had many problems with it.Mike had been aware of the probles and recently spoke with Kenny offering for him to bring the motor in to the shop and he would take a look at it. Kenny said the motor is gone and that its in new jersey now. I do know that Kenny Adams and James Hammond aka are not the same person. I have more to say about this and will post the info after a few things fall into place.

Darren