Racingjunk Forums

Racingjunk Forums (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Got blocked for making initiial cash offer ????? (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22773)

bjuice 01-12-2009 01:49 PM

Got blocked for making initiial cash offer ?????

i saw a 142 sbc low profile blower on the classifieds for $1600....I DO NOT need a blower and do not have a small block period...but because i could possibly build one sometime in the distant future i figured i would make an offer of what the blower would be worth to me just to sit on the shelf for now..

so i made an offer of $900 plus shipping and explained i didn't need it (blower) but would shoot an offer to him but understood if he was not interested.

1st- i knew the offer was low and somewhat apologized for that in my 1st message offer..I trully expected a counter offer from him or at least $1600 is my firm price anything but a blocker on my reply pm's.

2nd- i started not to even send the offer but i figured what the heck he might except or maybe a counter offer could be agreed upon somewhere in the middle. It was just an offer thats it..Right.?..isn't that the way it works of have i been doing this wrong for over 40 yrs ?

3rd- Since Money is tight right now i figured the seller would be glad to get a real Bon-fide cash offer from someone with at least a chance to make a counter offer..right ?.. isn't that how it normally works ?

so what does the seller do..he sends me back a pm telling me "i made the offer politely but still insulted him "?...and to make it worse i tried to pm him back to see what he would take for the blower and he blocked me from sending him messages.......WTF ?...LOL :D

LMAO !...i was only trying to buy the blower from him...I guess he should have checked my profile...lol..

anyhow i guess thats his right...if ya reading this ed..sorry i pissed ya off so bad for trying to give you some cash...that trully wasn't my intention and i hope you do not pay advertsied dollar on stuff your interested in without inquiring if the seller would take less

also i had my mind made up i would have Come up to $1500..if ya wanted to kick it around a little...thats how it works most of time..
oh well...i wish him (ed) luck and i am sure he is a good guy..he has many honor payments....with that said

i can buy a 142 blower anytime i want they are not that rare...lol :D ...i just need a good used one anyhow..

I guess getting blocked was the hit in the a$$ for me...lol..but its a 1st time for everything.

Brian.

Give me your thoughts guys ?...what would you have done...

here's the ad thread in case anyoee would like to check it out..

Brian
http://www.racingjunk.com/post/14271...2-for-SBC.html

also here is my pm and his reply..i tried to send him back a pm to see what the bottom dollar was and he blocked me....lol :D

Subject: Re: bLOWER
Re: Ad #1427192 - NEW SuperCharger Weiand 142 for SBC

You put it politely, but still a little insulting.

On [2009-01-11 20:03:43] bjuice wrote:
> I really have no need at this point for the blower but i would give you $900 plus shipping for it if your interested. if not i understand.
>
> call me if you are interested 864-607-####
>
> Brian

2nd pm in efforts to see what he would take..and this is what i got.

Subject: eds66nova did not recieve your message.
eds66nova has blocked your messages and did not recieve your message

lively 01-12-2009 02:00 PM

GEEEEEEEEEE--HE SAID ON HIS PROFILE THAT HE DEALS AND WELCOMES DEALS :oops: :oops: :oops:
I GUESS HE DON'T AFTER ALL :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: GEE ED -I AM SORRY CASH AND DEALING BACK AND FORTH DON'T WORK-BUT-YOU SCREWED UP THIS TIME :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

BRIAN-HIS LOSE NOT YOURS-WHAT IS THIS WORLD COMING TO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!CASH DON'T WORK NO MO!! :roll: :roll: :roll:
LIVELY

dparker 01-12-2009 02:08 PM

Wow did you see how many honor payments he has made 43!!!!!!!

Dang Bjuice I was 100% on your side until I saw that, Eds66Nova is the Sh*t.

No really I think a cash offer should be politely denied or returned with a counteroffer. But this guy is doing something right, looks like he's honest and a good seller. Bucking him would be like fighting with the Pope. I don't agree with him blocking your PMs but its his choice.

Hey lets get him on here and tell us how he sells so well. Now thats someone I would have liked to win the RJ trailer. I'll PM him and tell him your a good guy and maybe we can get him on the Forum. TC & GB :lol: :lol:

bjuice 01-12-2009 02:15 PM

lol...ya dparker i seen the same thing as you did when i saw his Honor payments...thats one of the reasons why i chose to try and deal with this guy...Honor payments and time on the board...maybe he clicked the wrong Button....lol..

also the Blocking is my only Gripe or should i say Question.

Hell i give up...lol...i am not pissed..it's comical to me actually. :D

slowmotion 01-12-2009 02:48 PM

A drunk was sitting in a bar next to a very attractive woman. He asks her "Would you have sex with me for 1 million dollars?". She said "Yes I would.".
He then asked "Would you have sex with me for 5 bucks?".
She replies "NO, WHAT KIND OF A WOMAN DO YOU THINK I AM?"

He says "We've already established that. Now we're just negotiating the price". :D

What this has to do with this thread? I dunno. It's just my favorite barganing story.

vega34 01-12-2009 04:15 PM

im sorry but i kinda see eds point,offering him only about half price,to me thats not negotiating,but thats just me,,but i agree he should not of blocked you,,steve

TheYellaBrick 01-12-2009 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by vega34
im sorry but i kinda see eds point,offering him only about half price,to me thats not negotiating,but thats just me,,but i agree he should not of blocked you,,steve

Hey ! Ya gotta start SOMEwhere ! When I'm selling stuff and get a low, low offer, I don't get 'insulted' for cripes sake ! I say "No thanks, try again" until we do or do not come to a fair price. Or " No thanks I'm very firm on that price". All done politely. My junk isn't so darn holy as to be above someone offering a low price. :?

mopar1968 01-12-2009 05:34 PM

:lol: :lol: Well i guess he doesn't like money :? :? Sound's like a fair offer, I didn't see any insulting word's there. Maybe someone else pissed him off, :roll:

zipper06 01-12-2009 05:35 PM

Hey BJ, i know someone who had/has a 142 and manifold, he went to an 871, and from a 355 to 383 and slowed down, i'll see if it's still laying around on th shelf. I called him but got his answer box. I'll let you know with a PM if he still has it and how much. He's local too me and a friend.

Zip.

bjuice 01-12-2009 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by zipper06
Hey BJ, i know someone who had/has a 142 and manifold, he went to an 871, i'll see if it's still laying around on th shelf. I called him but got his answer box. I'll let you know with a PM he still has it and how much. He's local too me and a friend.

Zip.

thanks Zip let me know..gonna put togther a little street pump gas 406ci and have a little fun.. pm me and let me know what he will take for it...
i can buy a brand new 142 from summit all day long for $1850 and can get a wd price off that thru a friend of mine...,but i am trying to stay as low of budget on this one as i can.

Brian