Racingjunk Forums

Racingjunk Forums (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Engine Tech (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Silly Question (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26645)

bowtie4542001 12-10-2009 06:59 PM

Silly Question

I am breaking down and buying my daughter an 85 Trans Am with a 305 in it. This might sound like a crazy question. Is this the same as a Chevy 305. Not too familiar with Pontiac. Thanks in advance

mytmouz 12-10-2009 07:10 PM

Yep, it's a chebbie in it...

bowtie4542001 12-10-2009 07:14 PM

Thanks for the quick response. :D I will enjoy it then. She is turning 18 in July. She wanted a Camaro but we found this one at a pretty good price.

russ67chevelle 12-12-2009 09:23 PM

put a warmed over 350 or a 400 in it when shes ready for it, then after she gets used to it slide over dad,shell wanna drive your ride...hee hee 8)

bowtie4542001 12-14-2009 05:14 AM

Originally Posted by russ67chevelle
put a warmed over 350 or a 400 in it when shes ready for it, then after she gets used to it slide over dad,shell wanna drive your ride...hee hee 8)

That is what I am afraid of. :D

russ67chevelle 12-14-2009 05:27 AM

dont feel alone...my daughter is 15 :lol:

DirkaDirka 12-14-2009 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by russ67chevelle

My daughter aint even two yet and she already has that idea. :shock: :shock:

dak697 12-14-2009 10:50 AM

When my daughter was 14. She was driving a Jr. Dragster for a friend of mine. We went to a bunch of races and had a lot of fun...

So, I am thinking one day, I really should start looking for a car for her. 4cyl easy on gas, fun to drive. I find a Volkswagon Cabriolet (sp) convertible, with a GTI parts car. The convert, has a bad motor in it and the GTI 16 valve motor is a really common swap. I have to drop her off at a friends house and on the way go look at the car, 1st words out of her mouth, "That's a GIRL'S car" .. I am shocked but okay I'll keep looking for something not as Girly for her. A month later she is with me and I go look at a dually for me. Nice truck, crew cab, lowered, my daughter says now that is what I want to drive. OH.. She has driven it to school a couple of times. I think the guys did a double take the 1st time. Good luck

bowtie4542001 12-14-2009 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by dak697
When my daughter was 14. She was driving a Jr. Dragster for a friend of mine. We went to a bunch of races and had a lot of fun...

So, I am thinking one day, I really should start looking for a car for her. 4cyl easy on gas, fun to drive. I find a Volkswagon Cabriolet (sp) convertible, with a GTI parts car. The convert, has a bad motor in it and the GTI 16 valve motor is a really common swap. I have to drop her off at a friends house and on the way go look at the car, 1st words out of her mouth, "That's a GIRL'S car" .. I am shocked but okay I'll keep looking for something not as Girly for her. A month later she is with me and I go look at a dually for me. Nice truck, crew cab, lowered, my daughter says now that is what I want to drive. OH.. She has driven it to school a couple of times. I think the guys did a double take the 1st time. Good luck

My oldest one is 17, she has been wanting a Camaro for the longest but haven't came across any good deals, that is why we bought the TA. My youngest one 13 has already got her order in for a 57 Chevy Bel Air. When am I gonna have time and the money for my car??? :D