Racingjunk Forums

Racingjunk Forums (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/index.php)
-   User Feedback & Scammer watch (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Why would list an item and refuse to give a price to a buyer (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21127)

randrmotorsports 06-17-2008 08:45 AM

Why would list an item and refuse to give a price to a buyer

BOSSPIN has a custom motorcycle listed on this site. The bike sounds nice. However, he did not list a price (not uncommon). I emailed him to get information and the asking price. He refused to give me a price! He said that he would only give the price to people who were interested. Hello.... If I was not interested, I would not have asked for a price... I emailed him the the same statement. Then he got upset and said that I had a bad attitude. Let me see, If I wanted to sell something and you wanted to buy it, what is the first thing that you would ask me?.....PRICE...
I bought a different motorcycle not on this sight.....I was still a little miffed over his attitude, so I wrote to tell him that I purchased a bike from someone who really wanted to sell and not just display their bike. He then emailed me and called me everything but a milk cow........How do people like this expect to sell anything?

lively 06-17-2008 10:10 AM

THE WAY I SEE IT IS HE DID NOT WANT TO SELL THE BIKE-HE WANTED SOMEONE TO BEG HIM AND PLEAD WITH HIM ON THIS BIKE :oops: :oops: :oops: ---NOT HAPPENING WITH ME ON ANY DEAL

IF YOU WANT TO SELL SOMETHING DESCRIBE IT / HAVE LOTS OF PICS/SEND MORE IF SOMEONE IS ASKING/HAVE A PRICE ON IT/ BE WILLING TO DEAL IF NEEDED/---AND BE POLITE AND NOT BILLIGERENT TO BUYERS ASKING ????? :wink: :wink: :wink:

I AM GLAD YOU FOUND ANOTHER BIKE AND HOPE YOU ENJOY IT :lol: :lol:
LIVELY

john858 06-17-2008 11:46 AM

i had a guy do me basicly the same way, he had a fuel cell f/s,i e-mailed him & ask the size,he said "can't sell it unless you come get it cause it had gas in it at one time" :? ok no problem lives two hours from here & a buddy was going to be in that city that weekend."i'm not going to sell it this weekend" :shock: imo i think guys have the lovely's up their azz's to get rid of stuff they don't want to part with & can't say i'm keeping my stuff sweety!!MANUP !!instead of bothering us guys who really want to buy stuff.p.s. he wasn't the first & i know not the last.thanks for letting me cry a little guys :oops:

hotrodharley 06-18-2008 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by lively
THE WAY I SEE IT IS HE DID NOT WANT TO SELL THE BIKE-HE WANTED SOMEONE TO BEG HIM AND PLEAD WITH HIM ON THIS BIKE :oops: :oops: :oops: ---NOT HAPPENING WITH ME ON ANY DEAL

IF YOU WANT TO SELL SOMETHING DESCRIBE IT / HAVE LOTS OF PICS/SEND MORE IF SOMEONE IS ASKING/HAVE A PRICE ON IT/ BE WILLING TO DEAL IF NEEDED/---AND BE POLITE AND NOT BILLIGERENT TO BUYERS ASKING ????? :wink: :wink: :wink:

LIVELY

agree with lively 100% and another thing about these as^ hol#^ that burns my butt..they list something for sale and you e-mail for more details/price/or just how they want paid BUT THEY NEVER RETURM ANY MESSAGES

slowmotion 06-19-2008 02:51 AM

Originally Posted by hotrodharley

Originally Posted by lively

LIVELY

agree with lively 100% and another thing about these as^ hol#^ that burns my butt..they list something for sale and you e-mail for more details/price/or just how they want paid BUT THEY NEVER RETURM ANY MESSAGES

I think some guys log on here to sell a car and when it sells, they just don't bother to come back to remove the add.

shimm 06-20-2008 07:41 AM

i don't understand some folks out there...i was looking for a C4 trans awhile back,,found one local,,,emailed seller about it,,he was all into the spec's and price right off,,,,,sounded good to me,,,,when i mentioned i was local i would come pick it up he changed to,,,,i'm gonna keep it put it back in car..now the man had 2 C4's listed,,,,now won't sell either one,,had mine fixed for 1500.,, his loss not mine now

shawnp 06-20-2008 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by shimm
i don't understand some folks out there...i was looking for a C4 trans awhile back,,found one local,,,emailed seller about it,,he was all into the spec's and price right off,,,,,sounded good to me,,,,when i mentioned i was local i would come pick it up he changed to,,,,i'm gonna keep it put it back in car..now the man had 2 C4's listed,,,,now won't sell either one,,had mine fixed for 1500.,, his loss not mine now

It is easier to hide from someone several states away when you sell them a junk transmission. This guy obviously knew there was something wrong and if you were local would have had to deal with you.

Scooterz 06-20-2008 10:21 AM

What a JOKE. But for you a blessing... a buyer who is "ready, willing & able" should NEVER be judged over the phone. The biggest objection is price in a sale, if he could not give that up, he is a flake. I hope that dude w/ the bike reads this.