Racingjunk Forums

Racingjunk Forums (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/index.php)
-   User Feedback & Scammer watch (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Not sure about this guy... (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19376)

nkg 01-01-2008 05:30 PM

Not sure about this guy...

I don't know... what do you think? Gave him my phone # to talk about the car and this is what he sent back to me. Not too experienced in long distance sales. Any feedback would be appreciated. Heres the message...

thanks for the response. i have no problem with the price. im willing to offer you 5000 as the best offer. i reside in manhattan, NY. the company i work part-time are responsible for the payment of the car. the payment will be made to you by certified bank check. the check will be sent to you directly. i will make arrangement with an auto shipper here in new york for pickup of the car upon clearance of funds.
when you have received and cashed the check at the bank, the shipper will be coming over to your place to sign all necessary documents on my behalf then pickup and transport the car to me.
I can't come over to inspect the car at this time due to the fact that I'm so busy. I really want the car and i want to pay for it asap! before someone else.
Please write back to me if you are ok with my explanations and I shall await your address so that the check payment can be mail to you asap!
I shall await your response at your earliest convenience. Thanks

knova70 01-01-2008 05:36 PM

Tell that guy to go to HELL! he is a 110% scammer, Man they are easy to pick out! Another SCAMMER!

nkg 01-01-2008 05:40 PM

I dont understand the scam though. I fhe sends me a check and waits for it to clear before he sends a transport... How can it be a scam..
P.S My project noe is a 70 nova ss. :)

gearhead37683 01-01-2008 05:47 PM

most of the time the checks they send are counterfit, or stolen. and sometimes banks will clear a check if you have an account with them rather quickly,then it comes back stolen or a fake, and you lose your car,and you will have to pay the bank back for the check. usually the safest way is if you have a serious buyer , make them wire a transfer straight to your bank account. just my opinion.

AtlantaClassics 01-01-2008 06:13 PM

common practice to scam you

If you hear "western union" or certified check to you "over" the amount so you can send the additional payment to their shipper... BEWARE... These guys are easy to pick out... Insist first on talking to these people...Get an address... verify it, call them more than one time to create a dialog. get a reference... and only accept cash or direct wire transfer to your bank and verify that.. Do the above and you're home free. It's not that hard to shake them out of the tree..

nkg 01-01-2008 06:42 PM

Thats the thing. Hes offering us the asking price.

knova70 01-01-2008 07:17 PM

If you don't believe us? Then do it and you will be back on here crying about how he scammed you out of a car and all that money you have to pay back to the bank,Dont be dumb man,its common sence to pick out a real buyer,also Have you talked to this person on the phone,can you verify the bank check with his bank,what about his employer,I know if I sell or buy a car I'm gonna see it and touch it in person,Use your head man! ITS a SCAM! I'm sure everybody agree's?

nkg 01-01-2008 07:48 PM

Appreciate the feedback. It's not that we don't believe you, just trying to get any and all info we can. Thanks for the input.

nkg 01-02-2008 05:54 AM

Just a note... E-mailed him and told him to call on the phone, this is what he wrote...this is why I asked all you guys for your input. Thanks for all your help.

I am sorry I cant speak to you on the phone due to disability, i always come online to get in touch with my contacts via email. i hope you understand. pls let me know if you still want to sell the car to me. Thanks, pls reply asap/ dell

performanceengin 01-02-2008 06:05 AM

sound like you'r thoughs were answered by a simple email. no harm in aking ,but bigger harm to a scammer deal gone bad