Racingjunk Forums

Racingjunk Forums (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   rolling gold (https://www.racingjunk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33833)

backdoc 09-17-2013 09:02 PM

rolling gold

I 've never taken the time to gripe before, but this time I gotta say something. Some dude has a 69 camaro "YENKO CLONE" for, waaaait for it... only 79,500.oo for a FAKE... Am I the only one who is SICK to DEATH of people trying to make a retirement fund off of a "CLONE" or "TRIBUTE" car??? Seventy five THOUSAND five hundred dollars!!!!!! As I said This is the only time I really had to say something. But I'm sure there are a lot of people out there just like me who are fed up with these people. I'm sure it's a nice car... Blah...Blah...Blah Hell I have a nice car, a couple of them I race a 69 Chevelle, big tire car, but I don't call it a "tribute" and try to sell it for 50,000 more than it's worth. I guess my point is, c'mon guys just be real, I know you'll say, don't like it... Don't read it... But this stuff has gotton out of hand, it's on every page.. Well thats my rant, and,if ya don't like it, don't read it... Doc Pete

bjuice 09-17-2013 09:11 PM

Re: rolling gold

Originally Posted by backdoc
I 've never taken the time to gripe before, but this time I gotta say something. Some dude has a 69 camaro "YENKO CLONE" for, waaaait for it... only 79,500.oo for a FAKE... Am I the only one who is SICK to DEATH of people trying to make a retirement fund off of a "CLONE" or "TRIBUTE" car??? Seventy five THOUSAND five hundred dollars!!!!!! As I said This is the only time I really had to say something. But I'm sure there are a lot of people out there just like me who are fed up with these people. I'm sure it's a nice car... Blah...Blah...Blah Hell I have a nice car, a couple of them I race a 69 Chevelle, big tire car, but I don't call it a "tribute" and try to sell it for 50,000 more than it's worth. I guess my point is, c'mon guys just be real, I know you'll say, don't like it... Don't read it... But this stuff has gotton out of hand, it's on every page.. Well thats my rant, and,if ya don't like it, don't read it... Doc Pete

I been here over 10 years and that part has not changed.

TheYellaBrick 09-17-2013 10:11 PM

An EASY answer to that , DON'T BUY IT ! And if you don't like their ad, DON'T READ IT !
It's human nature to get the most out of what you are selling. It's called 'supply and demand'.
I don't loose one single second of sleep about trivial schitt like 'super high asking prices'. :roll: :roll: :roll:

curtisreed 09-18-2013 03:32 AM

Re: rolling gold

Originally Posted by backdoc

I just have to laugh at some of those ads. Sometimes I think I would like to ask them face to face what they are thinking. Just looking for the middle age guy who has made a bunch of money and needs somewhere to spend it I guess. You know a fool and his money are soon parted, so that should make you feel better knowing that's not you.

Curtis

Harbone 09-18-2013 06:42 AM

Well a real Yenko car would sell in excess of $150K+
If someone builds a respectable clone, with all the right parts, aluminum block, date coded parts, etc. it would probably be worth about $75K to someone wanting a Yenko but doesnt have the big money needed to buy a real one. You could have the car you want, a lot cheaper than a real one and still be able to drive and enjoy the car.
I have seen some gorgeous clones built better than the originals but I have also seen some major junk that is not worth a 1/3rd the price that is being asked.

I am assuming that this is the car you are talking about?

http://www.racingjunk.com/Stock-Supe...per-Stock.html

Not what I thought you were talking about by your original post, looks like a really nice built drag car to me with a ton of money invested.

Scooterz 09-18-2013 10:25 AM

Well said Harb.

If the car has Yenko stripes, a few emblems, & 307/PG.... they better go back to school. Dog dish hub-caps does not make it a COPO....

But, if they invest in cloning it completely correct, it should bring some decent money for the pain staking effort to duplicate professionally. Try buying a LS6, L88, etc... for cheap. It takes financial commitment to do it right.

I once saw a 79' Old BRO-Hamm for like 85K & a 72 Chevelle for similar. Both dudes were RIGHTEOUS about it too... "Don't waste my time" etc.... for both rides.

Have fun with it. We have had a lot of good laughs about some of those ads over the years!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: