For Sale: CORVETTE - Haas-Built Competition Drag Car
PRICE REDUCED!!!, CONSISTENT Chevy 454
My name painted on the car is easily removable with Easy-Off oven cleaner. I will explain to buyer exactly how to remove my name from exterior of the car.
The car currently has a 10:1 compression Chevrolet 454 engine.
Vehicle weighs about 1700 pounds with all fluids (excluding the weight of the driver).
Chassis Certification: Certified
Body Type: 1982 Corvette 2-Door Coupe
Exterior Color: Candy Apple Red
For Sale By: Owner
Engine: Chevy 454
Transmission: Custom-Built Powerglide
Number of Runs on Engine: 10 1/4mi. runs
Fuel Type: 454 engine-PREMIUM PUMP GAS
Safety Features:On-board fire supression system, 5 Point Harnesses;Full roll cage; 1 Parachute (see photo)
Race Classes: 10" Tire; Super Comp; Super Gas; Comp Eliminator; Top Sportsman; Modified; Pro Mod w/ minor changes
This car is a one-of-a kind vehicle that can run multiple classes and is extremely consistent.
Other attributes include:
* The engine has an MSD Model 7AL2 with ProPower Coil & MSD Distributor plus a K&R Delay Box (XTC200 Model which includes Crossover Delay, Throttle Stop Control System & MORE)
* BRAND NEW Ron Davis Radiator
* ADJUSTABLE Front Strut Suspension (NO cheap A-arm suspension)
* Professional-built Powerglide with straight-cut planetary gears, dual ring servo, $400 trans-brake solenoid, Kevlar clutches and band (other high-dollar gears added in order to make the transmission "bullet-proof")
* JFZ front brakes
* Wilwood rear brakes
* Dominator carb, custom-built by AED Carb Company
* Crane rocker arms
* Stud girdle
* Aluminum intake
* Big tube headers (roadster headers)
* Air shifter
* Hoosiers 14 x 32 slicks on rear, good amount of tread left
* Goodyear Front Runners on front, good amount of tread left
* 2 new batteries
* Wheelie bars
* 9 inch Ford rear with Strange Corp. spool, Nodular housing, Moshier Axles, Koni shocks, 4.30 ratio
* Tilton master cylinders (separate ones for front and rear)
* Hairy Glass 1982 Corvette Body
* 1982 Corvette windshield
This Corvette race car is sold with a Bill of Sale.
You may be asking yourself why I'm selling this amazing drag car. In March of last year (2013), I was in an auto accident and broke my back (the accident occurred in my street car less than a mile from my home, NOT on the track). Even though my back is healing, it has been a VERY SLOW process. Then, in November 2013, my wife was laid off. At this point, she is still applying for jobs. So, while I have put my heart and soul into building and racing this car, it is with a heavy heart that I am selling this amazing race car.
NOTE: I also have a BRAND NEW 481 Engine that I am selling. Call me to talk prices if you are interested in the car and additional engine OR if you are just interested in the 481. I will also consider a TRADE for a street-legal drag car plus cash. If you want a very consistent, WINNING car, THIS IS IT!!! This car attracts a lot of attention at the track due to its beauty, professional construction and consistent ETs. Call Duane at (804) 746-2155 or (804) 385-7668 for additional information and to ask any questions you may have. I'd love to tell you even more about the car, its construction and race history.
Seller Phone Number2: (804) 385-7668
This item is USED
Trades NOT ACCEPTED
Instructions for buyer: Asking price is $29,900.
PLEASE call to discuss car and offers.
Ad posted by:
Member Since: 2010-06-08
Phone Number: (804) 746-2155
Phone Number: (804) 385-7668
Number of Honor Payments: 0
Average Accepted Sale Price: $0.00
Average Honor Payment: $0.00
- Member has no other classified ads.
Report the sale - click here