Our flagship 1,000 hp is now available using the new Dart SHP LS Next block (as shown in main photo). This lowers the cost significantly because the block is skirted and accepts OEM-design oil pan and accessories. It also makes for an easier install in vehicles originally equipped with LS engines.
Above Added: Sun August 21, 2016, 7:47 am EST
The engine shown which was featured in Engine Labs has been shipped and we are about to start building its replacement. We will be incorporating some design changes and raising our target to 1,000 hp on pump gas. One visible change will be that we now have our own proprietary oil pan with a number of performance enhancements over the existing aftermarket pans.
Above Added: Mon February 9, 2015, 5:22 am EST
Borowski Race Engines, Inc. was first in line to receive Dart's new LSNext blocks, first in iron and more recently in aluminum. Our LSNext builds have been featured three times in Engine Labs magazine.
- Supercharged Borowski Built Dart LS Next LS7 Screams Money
- Borowski Built Blown 427 LS Engine with LS Next Block
- Borowski builds Mild mannered 427ci with LS Next Block
Quoting their most recent article: “The crew over at Borowski Race Engines have been building insanely powerful and reliable race, street, and marine engines since 1968, and aren’t stopping anytime soon.” Our new Hellfire™ line of LS engines is also designed to be drop-dead gorgeous, easy to install for drop-in swaps, easy to maintain and easy on the fuel consumption when cruising.
- Dart LS Next iron block
- Whipple 2.9L LSX supercharger kit (polished) – 12 psi max boost
- Holley-HP EFI & harness kit
- Comp Cams LSR Series hydraulic roller camshaft
- Compstar crankshaft & connecting rods
- Custom Diamond pistons
- CNC ported Brodix 6-bolt cylinder heads
- Moroso Drag/Road Race LS Next oil pan for easy LS/SBC swaps
*To complete your engine and make it bolt-in ready, Borowski Race Engines also offers a complete Serpentine Kit for your crate engine. Optional Serpentine Kit (as shown) includes:
- Power Steering
- Air Conditioning
- 225 amp Alternator
- Water Pump
- ATI Dampener
All For $3,380
Also available 650 hp naturally aspirated version using Holley HP EFI: $23,500
Approximate availability date August 8th
Why the Dart LS Next block?
Because it is a game changer. The visually obvious differences in the bottom end allow us to reliably add power far beyond what we would consider with a factory block. And that's just for starters. Here's more:
"The LS Next block is the first significant change in the bottom end architecture of the LS engine platform. By eliminating the “Y-block” design and utilizing conventional style main caps and oil pans, (stock pans can be used with Moroso oil pan spacers) Dart has addressed the problems resulting from the LS engine’s separated crankcase bays. Windage is greatly reduced, resulting in increased power and improved lubrication.
This design change led to several additional improvements. The main webs are significantly stronger because the bay to bay breathing windows are eliminated in Dart’s design. Deleting the windows also allows the cylinder barrels to be extended by .3750” into the crank case, providing greater piston support at the bottom of the stroke.
All stock and aftermarket LS components can be utilized. Conventional style 4-bolt steel main caps are used. A 5/8” thick full deck design is utilized for superior strength, with six head bolts per cylinder to provide secure clamping. Dart’s priority main oiling system ensures high rpm reliability and includes provision for oil restrictors in the lifter valley.
Why a twin-screw, positive-displacement supercharger for street?
OEM manufacturers utilize positive displacement superchargers due to their incredible throttle response and drive-ability of a big cubic inch motor. The screw compressor is by far the best supercharger available today; it’s the only supercharger to provide a positive displacement design for maximum low-end torque as well as high efficiency for maximum top-end horsepower.
- The vacuum bypass valve provides naturally aspirated gas mileage and driveability under cruise or light load conditions with virtually instantaneous boost once you put your foot into it.
- Centrifugals and turbos have tremendous lag time during shift points, on-off throttle and off the line boost.
- Roots-type superchargers have been proven to not be very efficient, especially at higher boost levels. And how do you make a right turn?
Why the Whipple 2.9?
- The 2.9 liter supercharger fits under most hoods without modifications. The larger 4.0 liter version is available for a small up charge. It will fit under a standard cowled hood.
- Their high efficiency reduces heat generated compressing the inlet air
- Their integral inter-cooler is very effective at maintaining a low manifold air temperature allowing engine designs with higher compression ratios, more timing or both.
- Whipple superchargers dominate the market in the most challenging segment - sand rails. These units are durable, reliable and easily serviceable.
Why buy from Borowski Race Engines, Inc?
- We can custom make to your exact specifications.
- Technical Knowledge: We make cutting edge engines for a broad range of motorsports. In season, our staff is at the track and on the water to help keep you ahead of the pack.
- Machining Capabilities: Our CNC engine machining equipment and shop professionals are second to none. That shows in our build quality, reliability and performance.
- Quality: Our levels of care and precision go far beyond OEM or standard aftermarket. Machining and assembly of your project is performed only by highly skilled technicians.
- Predictability: On-time and on-budget
- Build Time: Thanks to our CNC processes, we can complete machining quickly. We maintain inventory and have strong relationships with our key suppliers which helps avoid delay waiting for parts.
- Transparency: Your entire build is photographed and documented. Progress pictures are uploaded and viewable on our Flickr. You are welcome to visit in person any time and will be invited to attend the video-taped dyno session.
- Honesty and Integrity as evidenced by our A+ rating and accreditation by Better Business Bureau.
- Our posted warranty
Borowski Race Engines, Inc.
545 Mound Rd
Rockdale, IL 60436