Open to offers. This is a nice start for someone to have a great race car.
Above Added: Thu September 15, 2016, 2:43 pm EST
Backhalved 1987 Mustang LX, factory 5.0, 5-speed, sunroof car. I bought this car back in 2006. The backhalf job was already done and looks nice. I redid the cage and connectors in the car.
- Clean LA title.
- Set up for BBF/Glide.
- All steel body, 6" Harwood cowl hood (needs mounting)
- All glass in good shape - Will need a front windshield (was removed for cage work).
- Car is basically rust free and in good shape except for some spots on the hatch and the bottom of the wheel openings are a bit warped.
- 2x3 rear frame rails.
- 2x3/2x2 frame connectors.
- Floor has been removed from firewall back.
- Full cage front to rear (Current 8.50 NHRA cert)
- Decent looking tin work done on rear section, will need floor and trans tunnel tinwork though. Majority of the factory firewall is still in car.
- Full driveshaft enclosure included, already assembled and mounted to floor.
- New PST chromemoly driveshaft with 1350 joints.
- Cage needs to be primed and painted.
- Chute mount sticks out of bumper and release handle is welded on cage.
- Narrowed 9" w/back brace and internal bracing.
- New 35 spline Strange axles, no center section.
- 4-link rear suspension, was already on car when I purchased it.
- New wishbone from ART.
- New anti-roll bar from ART.
- 15x14 Convo Pros with old 32x14 slicks.
- Brand new complete rear disc brake kit from Speedway Motors (uses GM Metric caliper).
- Seat mounts for a 19" Kirkey seat and a tall driver (seat not included), I'm 6'7" so the seat is moved back a bit but my legroom is still tight around the pedals so shorter guys should fit.
- Seat belt mounts installed.
- Factory gas pedal.
- Wilwood brake pedal with Mopar style master cylinder (pedal has been moved over a few inches to clear valve cover).
- Factory Fox Body tilt column w/MW quick release.
- Motor/mid plate mounts, set up for BBF/Glide.
- New 1/4" aluminum front plate from Skinny Kid Race Cars and a new 1/4" mid plate.
- Engine limiter mounts welded on front frame rails.
- Rad mount installed for Scirocco style radiator, factory radiator mount still there too.
- Tubular k-member with engine mounts (I think it's a D&D k-member, not sure).
- Tubular lower control arms (I think they're from D&D, not sure).
- 94 Mustang spindles with 99 brakes.
- 15x3.5 Weld Pro Stars with old MT ET Fronts.
- Factory struts w/new Strange coilover kit, 150lbs springs.
- Skinny Kid Race Cars Caster Camber plates.
- New manual rack and pinion
- 5 gallon fuel cell
- Fuel pump mount for MagnaFuel pump, no pump
- Dual battery mounts
- I have the shell of a factory dash and some misc interior parts that I'll include too.
Car still needs to be plumbed, wired, etc... But all of the hard work is done. I'm sure I'm missing some things in the description. Can take pics of whatever you'd like to see. Located in the New Orleans, LA area.
This would make a great bracket, index or grudge car, etc...
I know how much money I have in it and you know how much it would cost to get it to this point. I know I won't get all my money back out of it but I'm not willing to just give it away either. Please no tire kickers. I hate to get rid of it but it's time to move on to other projects.