So I’m considering selling my VW Rabbit GTI. I keep wanting to go to Spec Miata but I love this car so if it doesn’t sell for what I want for it then I’ll keep it. The car is prepared to SCCA H Production specs or can be vintage raced as well (ran The Mitty 2015-2016). It runs very strong and handles very well. Race weight is 2100lbs with driver, the car weighs well under 2000lbs without driver or ballast.
This car is sold pretty much ready to race with a current 2016 SCCA annual. Needs nothing but a transponder, nut and bolt, and fuel. Finished third at Road Atlanta Majors Sunday race, 1st in HP at the 2015 ARRC, class wins at The Mitty 2015. Runs 1:47s at Road Atlanta, easily more time in it with some setup work.
I have been working on sorting it out more and more since purchasing it in February 2015. Many new parts including fuel cell, pretty much the entire braking system including disc conversion, harness, etc etc. I have well over $2,000 in receipts from parts this year alone.
• 1.8 8v engine high comp engine. Mahle pistons, etc. Still runs CIS.
• 5 speed with Quaife diff.
• Custom rear trailing arm.
• Spherical bushings up front.
• Camber plates.
• MK2 front hubs. New wheel bearings.
• Koni front/Bilstein rear.
• Adjustable coilover springs/sleeves.
• Front strut bar.
• Racing header.
• Innovate Lambda sensor/gauge.
• MSD coil.
• New air filter.
• New alternator.
• Adjustable fuel pressure regulator.
• Race clutch and lightweight flywheel.
• Lexan windows.
• Fiberglass hood.
• Front airdam w/brake ducts.
• Corbeau FX1 seat.
• FIA Sparco HANS 6 point harness (new this year)
• Simpson right side window net.
• Year old I/O Port window net.
• Suede Sparco steering wheel.
• Longacre rear view mirror.
• New ATL 8 gallon fuel cell. New bladder, foam, and case. Two weekends on it, replaced in February 2016.
• New ATE master cylinder.
• New Hawk blue pads and rotors.
• One weekend old front calipers.
• New ECS brake lines front and rear.
• Wilwood bias knob.
• New brake booster (currently disconnected but installed)
• Rear disc conversion from a Scirocco 16V. New calipers, rotors, wheel bearings, etc.
• New hardware on harness, seat, fuel cell mount, etc.
• New SPA fire suppression system, 4 nozzles installed, pull handle in interior and on exterior cowl.
• Tech-53 lower steering column bearing.
• Tech-53 lower steering column repair.
• (4) 13x6 wheels with 20.0x8.0x13 Hoosier bias ply. 8 lap old tires (7/2016)
• (4) 13x6 Gotti two piece wheels with Hoosier rains.
• New sticker set of unmounted Hoosier rains.
• (2) 13x6 wheels no tires mounted.
• (2) “Snowflake” 14 inch OEM wheels
• Misc. older tires good for emergency spares.
Spares include a bare engine block and head, transmission, CIS parts, brake parts, tie rods, tie rod ends, race head that needs a freshening up, etc etc. lots of stuff including new stuff, not used useless junk.
Cons: The car is not a show car, though we do our best to make it look good for being on a budget. The body is a vinyl wrap done by us, first time doing it so it’s far from perfect, it looks 10x better than the paint did though especially on track.
Asking $7,000 or best reasonable offer. Transponder not included.
The car is located ten minutes from Road Atlanta. I’ll even throw in a HANS device!
More photos: www.tibbettforsale.weebly.com