This car is probably most ideal for someone who really wants to go w2w racing but doesn't necessarily want to invest in a separate tow vehicle and trailer. OR ideal for someone who wants a full roll cage for a track day toy WITH a passenger seat!
I would trust this car to drive anywhere in the country and would have no issue picking up the new owner from the airport to pick up and drive home if the new owner has this desire. We live 15 minutes away from O'hare (ORD) airport.
This is a VERY well sorted TTF/PTF car that won 2011 TTF and 2012 PTF NASA Nationals (Note we did not participate in 2013-2016 NATS) The car has also sometimes run in PTE.
This has been our most reliable for the past 2 years now that its been fully sorted and has required the least amount of maintenance repairs. Its actually been more reliable than our former miata's (probably partially due to years of sorting to get to this level). As an example, the right front wheel bearing and hub finally had to be replaced due to wear after almost 6 years of track abuse!
Current 2016 NASA Annual tech completed with NASA logbook and it has participated in 4 NASA events this year so far along with 1 new track record in 2016. The car was in 5 NASA events in 2015 with 1st place finish each weekend with 2 new track records for 2015 (3 new F regional records were set in 2014 as well with 14 regional records still standing between TTF/PTF since this car 1st campaigned in 2008 in its 1st TTF competition)
The engine and transmission was replaced in July 2014 with new clutch and fidenza lightweight flywheel. Note this is the best engine this car has ever had since we built it for track use with only 30k miles out of a former automatic G20 Arizona car. (currently has 33k miles so we've put approximately 3000 miles on it since the swap)
- New Passenger front hub, ARP studs, wheel bearing and ball joint installed October 2016
- New Driver Axle installed Jun 2016
- New Replacement windshield installed 8/5/15
- the car itself is a 1995 Infiniti G20t from California with currently 229,xxx miles on the chassis. (yes the factory speedometer,tachometer and odometer have always worked and still do)
- Clean normal legal valid Illinois title able to be registered and plated by the new owner if desired. (currently titled, plated and insured in our name driven to/from tracks )
- SSAC exhaust, copper gasket w/custom 2.5" piping to 2 cherry bombs (just grassroots home-made stuff here)
- custom front power steering cooler
- solid aluminum front and rear motor mounts on the crossmember utilizing a 1999 Infiniti G20 crossmember
- ABS and front ABS brake lines have been removed eliminating the extra weight/lines from ABS along with goodridge SS lines at all 4 corners w/Super Blue brake fluid in the system
- rear decklid from non-touring car so no more wing (wing costs points we didn't need)
- ARP longer Studs in both front hubs
- Hawk DTC-60 race pads up front and HAWK HPS pads in the rear. (HPS rear just replaced August 2016)
- Front Lower Control Arms have offset whiteline caster bushings along with SuperPro front bushings installed
- AMR Coilover suspension refreshed fronts in July 2011 (replaced under lifetime warranty from vendor)
- new battery in 2014 already relocated to behind passenger properly fused/grounded in battery box for weight offset
- mechanical water temp, oil temp and oil pressure gauges
- digital voltmeter gauge
- A/C completely removed along with all airbags completely removed
- interior gutted (no radio or speakers, no carpet or trim other than rear door panels still in place).
- Fully functional power windows!!!! Power door locks and remote fob and even the horn is functional! (yes we have a horn button set up)
- Fully functional cruise control (which is nice on those longer drives to/from the track)
- no cat converter, no EGR, ABS bulb removed (so no idiot light for ABS lights up)
- CEL is on because of no Cat converter (no testing required for 95 and older cars here in Illinois so yes we have it legally titled, plated and insured for street driving)
- Cobra Evolution composite containment seat on proper COBRA side brackets with custom proper seat back brace (never a worry about being out of date)
- Driver side has fully functional stock 3 point seat belt (for longer drives if the harness is not desired for the street and to be 100% DOT street legal still)
- OMP ECO seat on the passenger side with GForce 5point belts.
- Cage built to NASA specs by RedMist Automotive in Gilberts, IL (annual NASA logbooked since 2012) PLUS will easily pass SCCA tech if desired
- Camlock 6 point pull-up Hans compatible driver harness good until December 31 2020 (bought new in July 2015)
- Window net new in 2012 (as was the cutoff switch and required fire extinguisher and front tow hook)
- car will come with 195 55 15 street tires which double as track rain tires on stock 15" Nissan 240sx wheels (which would technically easily allow the new owner to drive it home if desired!) -- (Please note there are no additional wheels and tires included at this price in this listing)
- wired for video, cool suit and traqmate (Please note: Only the electrical power wiring is included and not the actual items)
TEXT 928 693 7441 for additional questions
To hear how it sounds on the track, check out this tidbit video from another racer watching me go by at Gingerman 8/7/2016 (cut n paste into youtube on different page)
and another perspective on 8/6/16 from that same other driver to see the car in action on the track here: