For Sale: 1970 Pontiac GTO
One Owner until 2011. Beautiful Restoration!
“This is one of the most documented GTO’s on the market for sale*!”
*All documentation is listed below
THIS IS AN A VERY ORIGINAL CAR THAT RECEIVED A LIGHT RESTORATION THAT INCLUDED MOSTLY COSMETIC WORK!
Documented one owner Florida car until 2011!
Believed to be all original sheet metal!
Original color combination of Polar White with black interior!
100% factory original interior!
Matching numbers 400 V8 engine!
Factory installed air conditioning that works and blows cold!
Power steering. Power brakes. Power windows!
Light restoration finished by MS CLASSIC CARS!
This car was purchased brand new by William R. Swallen on 01-30-1970 at Jim Lynch Pontiac City, INC. The MSRP was $4,595.31. A list of the factory options is listed below!
The exterior body is very straight with tight body line gaps. The hood, doors and trunk open and close very tightly. Most 68-72 GTO front noses aren’t lined up properly mostly because of the material and time involved. Many hours were invested on this front nose lining it up properly and it’s one of the best I’ve seen. The rear spoiler was also added for appearance!
A lot of time and money was invested in a brand new professional paint job that was just completed by well-known Richards Auto Body in Fall River, MA. The paint on this car is beautiful and is definitely show quality!
Everything on the exterior has been restored or replaced including the window trim, door handles, bumpers and lights. The glass is in beautiful condition and appears to be all original!
The car sits on new Pontiac 14” mag five spoke wheels with BF Goodrich Radial T/A’s. The front and rear tires are 215/70/14!
The exterior is complimented by a beautiful factory correct black interior which is code #258. This interior is 100% original. Yes, it’s all original from the headliner to the carpeting. Although this interior is original it’s in beautiful condition and still show quality. It is equipped with a factory electric clock but it isn’t working!
A stated above the air conditioning works and blows cold. The power windows also all work!
The trunk compartment is nicely detailed and home to the spare tire and jack assembly. It was lightly restored by the MS CLASSIC CARS team!
The engine compartment is highly detailed and home to the original matching numbers 400 V8 engine. Everything in the engine compartment was cosmetically restored or replaced by the MS CLASSIC CARS team. From everything I’ve gathered the engine is all original and has never been rebuilt. There only original once and were built to last especially when serviced properly. The original owner was extremely fussy with servicing this car and treating it like a baby. He kept very detailed notes of all the service work. This car starts, runs and drives beautifully!
The engine is coupled to a turbo 400 automatic transmission and 12 bolt rear end. The transmission was replaced years ago with a 1972 GTO turbo 400 transmission since the original one was problematic. The rear end appears to be the original. The transmission and rear end have both been lightly restored!
The undercarriage was undercoated at the dealership when the purchased for $29.95 as the original Bill of Sale indicates. The body was pulled off the chassis by the MS CLASSIC CARS team. Everything was restored or replaced. The underside of this car is absolutely show quality!
Here’s a list of all of the factory installed options:
1. 1970 GTO hardtop coupe : $3267.00. The following items are standard with this model, 4BBL 400 enigne, 3 speed HD manual floor shift, deluxe steering wheel, custom carpets, wipers, glove box lamp, ash tray light, trim package- brake pedal, dual horns, mouldings-décor, front cushion foam and dual exhaust.
2. Decor group: $36.86. Deluxe wheel covers and wheel opening mouldings.
3. Turbo 400 transmission: $227.04
4. G70x14 WW Fiberglass tires: $30.54
5. Push button radio: $61.09
6. Rear seat speakers: $15.80
7. Electric clock: $18.96
8. Console: $71.62
9. Power steering: $105.32
10. Power front disc brakes: $64.25
11. Softray tinted glass: $36.86
12. Power windows: $105.32
13. Air conditioning: $375.99 plus $128.66 additional charge
Total MSRP $ 4,545.31
Here’s a list of all the original documentation that is included with the sale:
1. Original owner notes and dealer ordering guide information prior to purchasing.
2. Original dealer exterior and interior color chart.
3. Original Dealer Car Shipping Record sheet showing all the options.
4. Original dealer hand written bill of sale.
5. Original dealer typed bill of sale.
6. Original bank loan documents and lien release.
7. Original Florida title dated 01-30-1970.
8. Original dealer owner’s folder.
9. Original owner’s manual with plastic cover.
10. Original warranty protect-o-plate booket and card.
11. Original door VIN decal tag.
12. Original dealer key tag, key chain and keys.
13. Original hand written service log book from the original owner.
14. Original owner ticket issued from Florida Highway Patrol in 1980.
15. Original hand written letter by owner explaining the history of the car dated 12-01-1980.
16. Original owner insurance letter from 1993.
17. Original owner Florida registration information showing ownership from 01-30-1970 to 06-23-2011.
18. Photos of the car prior to the light restoration.
‘As my website indicates I’ve collected and sold some very beautiful Pontiac GTO’s. This 1970 Pontiac GTO is a very special classic car for multiple reasons. When your purchasing a house it’s always location, location, location. When your purchasing a classic car it’s always documentation, documentation, documentation. This car has tons of documentation and was owned by the original owner until 2011. He purchased the car when he was 37 years old and now is 81 years old! He lived in Florida so the car was never exposed to bad weather. He was a very fussy owner as all the records indicate. This was in deed his baby. This car appears to have all the original sheet metal and it was just recently painted in its original born with Polar white color. The interior is 100% original which is truly amazing. The engine compartment, trunk compartment and undercarriage is highly detailed as it was recently cosmetically restored by the MS CLASSIC CARS team. I would challenge anyone to find a comparable car for less. Get it before someone else does!
This item is USED
Trades NOT ACCEPTED
Item Location: SEEKONK, MA Get Directions To This City
Ad posted by:
MS CLASSIC CARS
1865 Fall River Avenue
Seekonk, MA 02771
Member Since: 2008-03-23
Phone Number: 508-557-0152
Number of Honor Payments: 0
Average Accepted Sale Price: $0.00
Average Honor Payment: $0.00
Report the sale - click here