Production based Challenger built to Trans Am TA4 / NASA American Iron classes. Only six races and a few testing sessions have been done in the car, and is now well sorted and competitive. This started out as a nice, clean genuine SRT Challenger and clean title will be transferred to new owner.
Plenty of research and work has gone into making this car competitive and reliable enough to run with the well developed and supported Camaros and Mustangs. Detailed build sheets, specs, logs, measurements, and part numbers spreadsheet will be supplied with car. Too much info to list here, more available upon request.
- 6.4l Hemi, made over 450whp on 91 octane with extremely conservative production based calibration, very reliable engine.
- TR6060 transmission, 3.90 ratio limited slip
- Front/Rear Brembo fixed calipers, Stoptech 355mm 2pc floating front rotors, 350mm 1pc rear
- Custom 8 point rollcage, FIA containment seat, 6pt harness, fire suppression system, etc. all built to, and passed NASA and SCCA Pro tech.
- Bracing and welding done in areas of significance or where it was known to be needed in these cars
- Front independent 4-link, and rear independent 5-link suspensions tuned for proper kinematics/compliance and balance with spherical bearings in key joints, custom coil-over mounting system with custom valved Bilstein dampers, 4 wheel adjustable coil spring seats, and 3-way adjustable front and rear stabilizer bars.
- Very effective aero package with custom designed and fabricated hood vents, front splitter, wheel arch flares, angled and ducted radiator, and adjustable rear wing
- 18x10.5 lightweight custom machined Enkei wheels and 315/30R18 Hoosier R7's front and rear (TA4) and 18x9.5 custom Enkei's with 275/35R18 Toyo RR's (American Iron)
- Weight is currently at 3468lbs with 1/8 tank of fuel (impressive considering the production starting weight of 4200lbs!) but no excessive hacking and nothing exotic has been done to get there so more weight savings opportunity is still on the table if so desired.
Any time the car is out of the trailer spectators, fellow competitors, and race officials stop by to check out the car and comment on how much they love seeing it. Truly a unique and fun car to own and drive. Finally something for the other 1/3rd of the pony/muscle car crowd that's been stuck with either Camaro or Mustang!