For Sale: 1962 Ford F-100 Pickup
Rat Rod Style. Cadillac 472 V8. WOW!
This truck is one of the most appealing classic trucks I’ve ever seen!
This truck wasn’t built to be a high end show truck. It was built to be one-of-a-kind street cruiser that would attract attention and that’s exactly what it does!
Quote from MS CLASSIC CARS detailer Chris Tansey; “This is my favorite classic truck you’ve ever owned”!
Quote from MJM Automotive Solutions owner Mike Marsella; “That 1962 Ford F-100 attracted more attention at my shop then anything you’ve had here. Everyone loved it”!
As the VIN number indicates this truck was built in August, 1961 at the St. Paul factory as a F-100 2wd with a 223 engine. Life for this truck was pretty boring until a few years ago when it was completely transformed!
The goal with the restoration of this truck was to build something that had tons of character. The character wouldn’t come from the quality of the restoration but the way the restoration was thought out!
The exterior body was completely stripped and painted in Satin Yellow. This paint is really cool because it’s truly a satin finish rather than a high gloss clear coat finish. It’s not dull like flat matte black. I had one of my body shop painters Neil Lefebvre paint the custom black side stripes and they look amazing!
Everything on the exterior was finished perfectly. These are some of the exterior touches:
• All brand new glass that was tinted just enough to give it the right look. The side glass had to custom made. The glass matches the side stripes perfectly.
• The front grille and bumper were painted white.
• The rear bumper was removed and the FORD letters on the tailgate were painted white and traced in black.
• The bed was sprayed with Rhino liner.
• The emblems and door handles are in original condition which adds the touch of patina.
• It’s wrapped in chrome reverse wheels with white wall tires.
The interior has been slightly customized and works perfectly with the exterior theme. The original gauges, vents, knobs and gas tank were left original for the patina. Some of the interior features include:
• Painted dash, door panels and interior roof. The door panel’s lines and lower covers were painted black to match the black exterior stripes.
• Brand new Budnick 15.5” steering wheel.
• Brand new black and white bench seat.
• Mack truck gas pedal.
• IPod connection cord powered by an amp. It also has speakers in the doors.
• Everything in the interior such as the wipers is in working order.
The engine compartment is nicely detailed and home to the 472 Cadillac V8 engine. The engine is dressed with powder coated Cadillac valve covers and custom air cleaner. It has an upgraded distributor with Livewire yellow wires. This engine starts and runs great!
The engine is cooled by an aluminum radiator and is coupled to a turbo 400 automatic transmission!
It’s equipped with a custom exhaust that sounds great!
It’s also equipped with power steering and power brakes!
The undercarriage is very clean. My shop actually lightly restored a lot of the undercarriage including pulling the transmission which we replaced seals and painted, painted the headers and exhaust system, etc. This truck has NO AIR BAGS! The truck has had many modifications including the following:
• GM front end.
• Body was channel over the frame.
• Frame was modified, recessed and powder coated black.
• Fender wells were raised to allow for more wheel travel.
• Bed floor was raised.
“The 1962 Ford F-100 Custom pickup you’re about to witness is truly a one-of-a-kind. As I mentioned above this truck draws tons of attention and everyone loves it! It’s hard to describe but certain classic vehicles just work and this truck is one of them. The exterior color is very different and slick. The custom black side stripe and Ford tailgate letters really adds the extra touch. The new tinted glass matches the theme. The reverse chrome wheels with white wall tires work perfectly. The exterior theme flows right into the interior with the painted dash and door panels, white and black bench seat and new Budnick 15.5” steering wheel. The engine compartment is nicely detailed and home to the Cadillac 472 V8 engine. The engine starts and runs great. Its dresses with powder coated Cadillac valve covers that look really nostalgic. The engine is cooled by an aluminum radiator. The undercarriage is very clean and has many modifications. If you’re looking for a really cool and nostalgic pickup with some “Rat Rod” flavor you’ve found it. This is a very special truck that is truly a one-of-a-kind. Get it before someone else does!”
Marc Schiliro – The Owner
This item is USED
Trades NOT ACCEPTED
Item Location: SEEKONK, MA Get Directions To This City
Ad posted by:
MS CLASSIC CARS
1865 Fall River Avenue
Seekonk, MA 02771
Member Since: 2008-03-23
Phone Number: 508-557-0152
Number of Honor Payments: 0
Average Accepted Sale Price: $0.00
Average Honor Payment: $0.00
- Member has no other classified ads.
Report the sale - click here