I have for sale my 396 Chevrolet (+.030 bored over) High Performance Engine package consisting of shortblock + cylinder heads + intake + chrome water pump. I began building this package for use in my Chevelle as I wanted a bulletproof, high horsepower, period-correct motor able to stand up to weekend competition but I never finished building the motor to completely. The motor has never been fired since rebuild.
All preparation, machine work, and assembly was done at a very well renowned Greater Detroit area high-performance engine shop. As my plans have now changed, I am offering the entire engine package for sale. Just add your camshaft, carburetor, electronics and other minor components and you have a true winning combination.
- 4 Bolt Mains
- Line Honed
- .030 over Bored and Plate Honed
- Sealed Power Speed Pro .030 Forged Pistons (Part Number: L2242NF30)
- Forged Rods (factory reconditioned)
- Balanced Steel Crankshaft (factory)
- ARP Bolts
- LS6/454 Big Block Rectangle Port (Part Number: 3994026)
- Competition Valve Job
- New Valves, Springs, Retainers, and Keepers
- Edelbrock C427X (from my research, this is a vintage, high performance, dual-plane intake used on L88/427 engines on a series of rare dealer tuned cars such as the Baldwin Motion /Yenko BBC 1967-1973 Camaros, Corvettes, and Chevelles).
If you compare what it costs to buy and build this engine package with the number of high quality components, machine work, and labor, then you know that this is a great deal. My price is $3500.
I can be contacted by phone or text before 7pm. 989-400-3312.