Ed Ryan's 160ci EVENFIRE v-twin
Original NHRA Pro Stock
What is unique is the fact that the horsepower that this motor is capable of producing is almost totally untapped. Because of almost no Dyno time, the possibilities for changing the configuration of this motor, to produce more horsepower and toque are endless. I am sure that it would be going considerably quicker and faster had I spent time on a Dyno instead of doing what I love at the racetrack.
This is a drag bike for an individual that does not want to be one of the cookie cutter look-a-like drag bikes at the racetrack. An individual that wants to be in charge of advancing his own horsepower potential, not just changing a jet or tuning the clutch.
This is a motorcycle that is just as exciting for the team members calling the shots in the engine development program as it is for the rider on another straight and thrilling 7sec. pass.
EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS MOTOR DESIGN IS DIFFERENT THAN WHAT YOU HAVE SEEN BEFORE!
1. This is an even fire crankshaft in a set of Overkill cases. Unlike a conventional H-D, both of our pistons come to TDC at the same time. One fires every 360 degrees of crankshaft rotation. The advantages of this type of configuration are numerous. Documentation will be signed, turning over ownership and the rights to all Blueprints for any future crankshaft construction.
2. The Rowe Machine four valve heads flow 600cfm at 600lift. There is a separate port, runner, and 48 mm slide body for each of the four 1.940 intake valves.
3. It has a 42lb. high impedance injector screwed into a bung on each of the 4 downdraft runners, (two injectors for each cylinder). These are plumbed from the fuel rail with stainless tubing and are currently running at 55 psi. We use an electric fuel pump.
4. Compression ratio is 16.2. Bore is 4.8. Stroke is 4.4. CI is 160
5. Three spark plugs per cylinder with six coils/igniters.
6. A Motec M4 EFI system controls all fuel and ignition requirements for both cylinders individually, sequentially and by what gear you’re in.
7. We monitor and record a wideband O2 sensor to help with fuel adjustments. The M4 is programmed to automatically trim for Barometric Pressure, Air Temp (in the air box) and Air Box Pressure.
8. We have Data Acquisition from both Motec and from Dynatek. At the end of a run we download both systems into two different computers for simultaneous viewing and analyses. We also film each run for playback and analyses.
9. Four individual scoops pressurize the air-box system.
10. We run at 15.2 volts, with a small motorcycle battery and a mini alternator.
11. An Aviaid three stage pump controls the oil system. The two scavenge section produce 18 inches of vacuumed thru the run. We use 5/30 Mobile One Synthetic that is filtered through a Fram High Performance filter. We have had zero oil problems. The pistons look like new!
12. All components of the bike are in a Word file that list the manufacture, their phone number & address, the part #, the function & technical info and the price.
13. The two 1.575 EX valves per cylinder, join together in a reversion cone, and then flow into a two-step exhaust pipe. The last section can be changed over to our mufflers.
14. Battery cart with 4 full size car batteries and a RCD starter.
15. Shifting can be done two ways. Air over air (button & shift light). Electric over air (no button or shift light) the signal goes directly to the air shifter. We can program individual shift rpms for each gear.
16. The transmission is a Zippers 5 speed automatic.
17. We currently run 630 chain with a 15 and 55 sprocket. We have 13 and 14 countershaft and 54 thru 58 rear wheel additional sprockets.
18. For 2005, Marc Rowe built a new chassis, which required new tanks, wheelie bars and new fabrication of all the billet supports and mounts.
19. There are so many back-up parts for this motorcycle that it would take a week for me to catalog them. I will try and start the process so serious inquires will have a list of all the extras that would come with the purchase of the bike.
20. I am also selling the 24 ft. Hallmark Elite Race Trailer that has been set up specifically for this bike. It is insulated and has a painted white interior. A full set of L shaped upper cabinets with lower cabinets and counter tops. Carpet in the computer section (the smart area) and full florescent lighting through out. It has an airlift for the bike and special locations for all the back-up equipment that comes with the bike. It doesn’t make a difference to me who buys the trailer (or even if I keep it) but I can’t help think that it would make the transition easier for the purchaser of the bike.
HERE'S SOME FACTS: If you put this bike on a dyno, here's what you would learn:
1: You have the wrong cam lift, duration and lobe center.
2: You have the wrong ex pipe dia, length and step's.
3: You have the wrong intake runner dia and length.
4: You have the wrong throttle bore dia.
5: You have the wrong ignition timing for each rpm.
6: You have the wrong sequential fuel timing and pulse width for each rpm.
7: Even when you think your right you have not adjusted all the above, and more, for each cyl.
If you put it on a track you would learn:
1:You would go quicker and faster if you weighed less than my 205lbs. in leathers.
2:You have the wrong rear wheel gear ratio!
FINDING THE COMBINATION TO GO QUICKER &FASTER IS THE GAME
WITH THIS MOTORCYCLE THE POSSIBILITIES ARE ALMOST ENDLESS
The asking price for the bike, starter and all additional parts is $55,000
The asking price with the trailer, bike lift and related equipment is $59,000
The trailer is not for sale separately.
Seller Phone Number2: (617) 538-4118
This item is USED
Trades NOT ACCEPTED
Ad posted by:
Member Since: 2013-11-12
Phone Number: (617) 846-2903
Phone Number: (617) 538-4118
Number of Honor Payments: 0
Average Accepted Sale Price: $0.00
Average Honor Payment: $0.00
- Member has no other classified ads.
Report the sale - click here