1969 CAMARO CODE Z11 INDY PACE CAR
**RARE Car to find, only 3675 was made**
Description – This auction is for a Real 1969 Camaro Code-Z11 Indy Pace Car RS/SS Convertible. With only 3675 cars being produced, these cars are a true collector’s car. There is not a known fact, of how many still exists. BUT, very few. Will list features below. Thanks for looking. I would trade for a nice 1966 Chevelle, or Send me what you have, would trade down plus cash my way.
• Build Date for the Z11 were from February through May ONLY. Built only in Norwood, and a few in Los Angeles.
ENGINE: This ’69 Camaro came as a RS/SS 350 cu in (300 hp) V8 with a 4 Speed manual transmission. The 4 speed shifts great with no issues at all. Car has NO leaks.
• (HA) Code is 350/300hp with the 4 speed option
• Power disc brakes
• Power steering
• Original 12 bolt 3:31 gear, multi-leaf rear end
• Under the hood, is very perfection with the correct hose clamps and hoses
BODY/EXTERIOR:- It is super slick, super straight body. It also has all the original sheet metal. Dover White RS/SS convertible with Hugger Orange Z28 style stripes. All Pace cars were equipped with the recently released fresh air hood (aka: cowl hood).The convertible top is like new, and works perfect.
• The Rally Wheels are wrapped in new rubber and you have your choice between the stock wheels or the new Torque thrust wheels and tires.
• It did have a repaint a few years back and is very slick
• The required options with the Z11 package included C05 white convertible top,
• D80 Front and spoilers, YA1 deluxe seatbelts
• ZL2 special ducted hood (a.k.a. cowl hood)
• Z22 Rally Sport, Z27 Super Sport, 50-A Dover white
INTERIOR: - It has the pace car orange hounds tooth interior with factory console and gauges. The car has all its factory gauges including a factory tach, am/fm radio in the dash (but does not work at this time), but all the original gauges work.
• Code-U17/Code- D55 Factory console with gauges with 5000 red line tach.
• Awesome original interior except the front seats are new.
• It has factory tilt column.
• Additional options are: Endura bumper, Rally wheels, Power Brakes, Power Steering, Radial Tires, Seatbelts, Vinyl Interior, Tilt column
• Hideaway headlights work great with the new Detroit Speed system. But original vacuum look under the hood, all still in tact
• Z87 custom interior (orange houndstooth, code 720). Cloth seats were not otherwise available in a convertible, except for the RPO Z11 pace cars
• The reverse lights work, and like the factory, you have to have the car in reverse to remove key
• Key buzzer still works
• EVERYTHING works, gauges, blinkers, lights, horn, yes horn still, interior lights, glovebox light, console light, wipers
• Glass is very good shape, no whitening or pivots
• Original steering wheel still in car
• Normal woodgrain package, original
• Factory Headlight washers
ALL PACE CARS WERE AN RS/SS, and a very few were hard top cars, and was the Z10 code:
• You can go every day and find a normal 1969 Camaro, BUT it is hard to find a 1969 Camaro Z11 Pace Car, that is for sale. They was made to be put up and just show in a museum or in your own garage, to say that you own a rare car that other people can’t get.
**THIS IS THE REAL DEAL Z11 PACE CAR CONVERTIBLE, that you can drive and enjoy, and it is a GREAT conversation when you go out and talk to people that know or don’t know about the history of these cars, from back in the day.