PRICE DROP due to sale of extra driver's side fender! $1,450
Above Added: Wed September 21, 2016, 11:20 pm EST
(1st photo is of the car, 2nd shows the wheels)
Rolling chassis - no engine or tranny. This is a great foundation for an SS-clone conversion! Nice, absolutely rust-free chassis (car was purchased out of San Diego.) Clean AZ title. Odometer shows 02973, but judging by the condition of the motor (since sold) when I drove it from SD to Yuma five years ago, there's got to be a 1 or possibly a 2 in front of that number. Please be advised that the photo of the car with its original wheels conveys a nicer impression than in person: the paint is faded, and the vinyl top has been removed. Ditto the front bumper and fascia, all in preparation for conversion for an SS clone (a project that was begun but never got off the ground, unfortunately.) The car was in some kind of collision probably over 20 years ago, and body work is evident in the right rear quarter area. In my opinion the original repair isn't acceptable, but in the larger context of what I wanted to do with an SS conversion, this was well in-bounds for me. Please see succeeding photos for how the car looks now.
Those are all the disclaimers. The car comes with many extra parts and upgrades that are probably worth a few extra thousands of dollars aside from the car itself:
1. Baer racing front brakes (SS drag: 12" front rotors, C4 calipers) Only 15k mile use, outstanding braking performance. These alone are a $1,100 value.
2. Complete front fascia and related innards for the '84-'88 SS nose.
3. '87-'88 SS rear spoiler, rear bumper, and bumper inserts.
4. Two extra dashboards. These are available separately: the light brown one is completely crack-free but is bare. $200 plus freight. The green one has a few cracks, and is out of a 1979 Malibu. It has full instrumentation and wiring: likewise, $200 plus freight.
5. SS side opera windows and rear glass trunk filler panel.
6. Very nice American Racing rims with caps and locks, 17" x 8". (The original SC wheels were sold.)
7. Two extra fenders.
8. Extra floor-shift steering column.
9. Numerous other miscellaneous SS parts.
The chassis will need to be trailered to its final destination, and all the extra parts coming with the car will require some extra trailering capacity beyond the chassis proper.
Again, total value of parts and car is well beyond my asking price and probably in the vicinity of about $4k.
Apologies but due to the prevalence of scamming I need to ask cash for this transaction.
Thanks for reading my ad!