One block left. This is a long lead time item. If you are interested call now! 815-725-2727
Above Added: Fri October 21, 2016, 6:17 am EST
We believe that our custom version of the Darton MID sleeved of the Dart LS Next aluminum block is the best available platform for high horsepower street/track engines. Why? The short list is higher mechanical strength, better cooling, better oiling and overall better quality. Dart rates these blocks as capable of handling 2,000 fwhp. Our enhanced version is that much better. Let's review the details from the bottom up.
Major benefits - weight, cooling, machineability. A 2,000 hp engine in a 3,000 lb car yields a 1.5 weight to horsepower ratio. With a 100 lb reduction in weight, only 1,933 hp is needed to achieve the same weight to horsepower ratio. Aluminum is a better conductor of heat than iron and its machineability allows it to be more economically MID sleeved.
Drawbacks: not as strong as iron.
Dart LS Next Blocks
- Cast in the USA with premium aluminum
- Decreased windage versus standard LS "Y" blocks
- Conventional style 4-bolt splayed steel main caps with 7/16” bolts
- Full main webbing for maximum bottom end strength
- Cylinder barrels are extended by .3750” at the bottom, providing greater piston support
- A 5/8” thick full deck design with a 9.240” deck height
- Six head bolts per cylinder
- Blind head bolt holes don’t go through into the water jacket
- Provision for oil restrictors in the lifter valley
- Revised low restriction priority main oiling system
- Pro-Stock / Pro-Mod big block style stepped main oil galley
Darton MID sleeves
The patented Modular Integrated Deck (MID) system was developed by Darton to address the factory design weakness of cylinder stability due to the poor support at the upper deck area. In the process, this wet sleeve has several unique features to greatly enhance cooling. Darton also uses special ductile iron and a centrifugal casting process to achieve an astounding 130,000 psi tensile strength.
Borowski Race Engines' Custom Features: Remember that short list of strength, cooling, oiling and quality?
- We upgrade the head bolts from 7/16" to 1/2". This increases clamping power by 50% thereby providing added protection against heads separating from the block.
- High horsepower = high heat. We add piston oilers to remove heat directly from the pistons, a high probability failure point in big power engines.
- As an option, we can supply the block with a Daley's dry sump oiling system. It de-aerates the hot frothy oil dropping into the pan, facilitates external oil cooling and reduces parasitic power losses of the crank slapping through oil.
- The finish machining is done on our 4-axis Rottler CNC (precision = 0.0002"). Our Sunnen hones are decidely old school by choice, as we prefer stone finishes over diamond cuts for improved ring seating.
These blocks have very long lead times. We order months in advance but quantities are limited. If you want one of these extraordinary pieces, you need to act now or be prepared for a long wait. We can supply as fully machined blocks, short or long blocks or as complete crate engines.