Above Added: Mon September 7, 2015, 2:08 pm EST
Please specify part number 31837111 for a 4.00 bore block
31837211 for a 4.125 bore block
Final machine work and final hone available We can finish bore to any size you would like
We also have Callies Rotating assemblies with Weisco or Diamond piston available in just about any engine size and compression ratio you would like.
Manley rotating assemblies also available
Moroso Billet oil pan spacers and oil pan kits also in stock
The LS Next block is the first significant change in the bottom end architecture of the LS engine platform. By eliminating the “Y-block” design and utilizing conventional style main caps and oil pans, (stock pans can be used with Moroso oil pan spacers) Dart has addressed the problems resulting from the LS engine’s separated crankcase bays. Windage is greatly reduced, resulting in increased power and improved lubrication.
This design change led to several additional improvements. The main webs are significantly stronger because the bay to bay breathing windows are eliminated in Dart’s design. Deleting the windows also allows the cylinder barrels to be extended by .3750” into the crank case, providing greater piston support at the bottom of the stroke. Two standard bore sizes are available, 4.000” and 4.125”. Maximum bore of 4.220” for iron and 4.165” for aluminim, or optional Darton M.I.D. sleeve kit allowing up to 4.220” bore.
All stock and aftermarket LS components can be utilized. Conventional style 4-bolt steel main caps are used. A 5/8” thick full deck design is utilized for superior strength, with six head bolts per cylinder to provide secure clamping. Dart’s priority main oiling system ensures high rpm reliability and includes provision for oil restrictors in the lifter valley.
• Dart’s LS Next block is cast in the USA with premium cast iron
alloy or aluminum
• Conventional style 4-bolt steel main caps with 7/16” bolts are used
• Full main webbing for maximum bottom end strength
• Cylinder barrels are extended by .3750” at the bottom, providing greater
piston support for all combinations
• 9.240” deck height, with options of 9.450" are available which allows
for a possible effective barrel length of 9.825” deck block
• Extra thick Siamese cylinder bores allow for larger displacement
capacity and a max bore size of at least 4.220”
• A 5/8” thick full deck design with a 9.240” deck height
• Six head bolts per cylinder provide secure clamping for power
• Head bolts are upgraded to 7/16” for increased strength
• Blind head bolt holes don’t go through into the water jacket
• Provision for oil restrictors in the lifter valley
• Revised low restriction priority main oiling system
• Pro-Stock / Pro-Mod big block style stepped main oil galley
• An external oil filter must be used with stock or aftermarket oil pumps
• Dual starter mounts
• The water jacket on the #1 cylinder has been expanded for
additional cooling capacity
• LSX style lifter bosses and dog bone provision are provided
Thanks, Dave at DGRE