Borowski Race Engines, Inc. was first in line to receive Dart's new LS Next blocks, first in iron and more recently in aluminum. Our LS Next builds have been featured repeatedly in Engine Labs magazine.
- Borowski Race Engines Builds Killer LS3 Nitrous Combo
- Borowski Built 388 Cube Vortech-Blown E85 LS Next Engine
- Supercharged Borowski Built Dart LS Next LS7 Screams Money
- Borowski Built Blown 427 LS Engine with LS Next Block
- Borowski builds Mild mannered 427ci with LS Next Block
Quoting one of their articles: “The crew over at Borowski Race Engines have been building insanely powerful and reliable race, street, and marine engines since 1968, and aren’t stopping anytime soon.”
We are now building an aluminum LS Next for our shop El Camino. This engine will however be available for sale until it is actually installed. This killer piece incorporates all the following features:
- Dart LS Next aluminum block with ½” head-bolt upgrade with polished-finish supercharger, valve covers and serpentine system
- Whipple 2.9L LSX supercharger kit which fits under most standard hoods
- Holley-Dominator EFI & harness kit
- Comp Cams LSR Series hydraulic roller camshaft
- Callies Dragonslayer crankshaft & Ultra connecting rods
- Custom Carrillo/CP pistons
- Brodix CNC ported 6-bolt cylinder heads with our own CNC valve job.
- Our custom oil pan for improved performance and easy swaps
- Borowski signature billet valve covers and ignition wiring set
- To complete your engine and make it bolt-in ready, the serpentine kit includes: power steering pump, air conditioning compressor, 225 amp alternator, water pump, ATI Super Dampener
Why the Dart LS Next block?
Because it is a game changer. The visually obvious differences in the bottom end allow us to reliably add power far beyond what we would consider with a factory block. And that's just for starters.
"The LS Next block is the first significant change in the bottom end architecture of the LS engine platform. By eliminating the “Y-block” design and utilizing conventional style main caps and oil pans, Dart has addressed the problems resulting from the LS engine’s separated crankcase bays. Windage is greatly reduced, resulting in increased power and improved lubrication.
This design change led to several additional improvements. The main webs are significantly stronger because the bay to bay breathing windows are eliminated in Dart’s design. Deleting the windows also allows the cylinder barrels to be extended by .3750” into the crank case, providing greater piston support at the bottom of the stroke.
Conventional style 4-bolt steel main caps are used. A 5/8” thick full deck design is utilized for superior strength, with six head bolts per cylinder to provide secure clamping. Dart’s priority main oiling system ensures high rpm reliability and includes provision for oil restrictors in the lifter valley.
Why an aluminum block?
The aluminum LS Next block weighs 110 lbs less than its iron counterpart. Cutting 110 lbs is a big deal in any high performance vehicle as straight line performance is largely determined by the weight to horsepower ratio. Taking a 3,800 lbs vehicle’s weight down by that much is equivalent to adding 30 hp. The effect on handling is even more pronounced. The typical vintage vehicle is nose heavy. A big block El Camino is extreme example. Our shop El Camino with an aluminum LS1 scaled in at 3,675 lbs and a nearly perfect 52/48 front/rear weight distribution. Thanks to this and the other extensive improvements made to the vehicle, it was able to record an astounding peak lateral G force of 1.29 on the Autobahn Country Club track.
Why a twin-screw, positive-displacement supercharger for street?
OEMs use positive displacement superchargers on small blocks to get the throttle response and drive-ability of big blocks. The screw compressor is by far the best supercharger available today; it’s the only supercharger to provide a positive displacement design for maximum low-end torque as well as high efficiency for maximum top-end horsepower.
- The vacuum bypass valve provides naturally aspirated gas mileage and driveability under cruise or light load conditions with virtually instantaneous boost once you put your foot into it.
- Centrifugals and turbos suffer lag during shift points, on-off throttle and off the line boost.
- Roots-type superchargers are inefficient, especially at higher boost levels. And how do you make a right turn?
Why the Whipple 2.9?
- The 2.9 liter supercharger fits under most hoods without modifications.
- Their high efficiency reduces heat generated compressing the inlet air
- Its integral inter-cooler is very effective at maintaining a low manifold air temperature which allows higher compression ratios and more timing for higher horsepower.
- Whipple superchargers dominate the market in a most challenging segment - sand rails. These units are durable, reliable and easily serviceable.
Why buy from Borowski Race Engines, Inc?
- We can custom make to your exact specifications.
- Technical Knowledge: We make cutting edge engines for a broad range of motorsports. In season, our staff is at the track and on the water to help keep you ahead of the pack.
- Machining Capabilities: Our CNC engine machining equipment and shop professionals are second to none. That shows in our build quality, reliability and performance.
- Quality: Our levels of care and precision go far beyond OEM or standard aftermarket. Machining and assembly of your project is performed only by highly skilled technicians.
- Predictability: On-time and on-budget
- Build Time: Thanks to our CNC processes, we can complete machining quickly. We maintain inventory and have strong relationships with our key suppliers which helps avoid delay waiting for parts.
- Transparency: Your entire build is photographed and documented. Progress pictures are uploaded and viewable on our Flickr. You are welcome to visit in person any time and will be invited to attend the video-taped dyno session.
- Honesty and Integrity as evidenced by our A+ rating and accreditation by Better Business Bureau.
- Our posted warranty
Borowski Race Engines, Inc.
1545 Mound Rd
Rockdale, IL 60436
FREE GROUND SHIPMENT WITH PAYMENT BY CHECK OR WIRE TRANSFER
CAN BE SET UP ON REQUEST TO RUN E85 FOR HIGHER HP (est. 1,200 hp)