For Sale: Skid Marks Racing 1995 Dodge Neon
Multi-race winner, always a contender.
Last raced at Road America, November 2013. Fastest laps run in the last stints of the race.
Engine rebuilt at the start of the 2012 season (only ran one race in 2013).
This car is ready, as it sits, to arrive at a track, pass tech, and then race. With the exception of our first race at CMP, this car has led every race entered (won three times, at least two other podiums, Midwest Champs in 2011).
Car was developed 2009 through 2013, built for both consistent speed and reliability. Results speak for themselves.
In car video from Eagles Canyon, December 2012: http://youtu.be/o9B79XeqbGg Led this race for the better part of day one until we were knocked out for 2.5 hours Saturday afternoon.
· Fire suppression system
· Schroth 6-point HANS harness
· Autometer voltmeter and oil temperature gauge
· Short shifter
· Battery relocated (Braille lightweight battery)
· 3.94 transmission installed (two races on rebuild)
· 3.55 transmission included (zero races on rebuild, run Gingerman in 3rd gear with this transmission)
· Extra transmission housing and complete set of spare gears and forks (need bearings and stop rings)
· Acrylic rear and quarter windows
Extremely light car (no asphalt sound deadening material, doors skinned, non-essential items removed.
· Composite decklid installed (if you don’t like it, another stock lid with wing is available on the spare car)
Too many spares to mention, but here are the highlights:
· Just about every engine sensor
· Three sets of 14” wheels
· Hawk brake pads
· Transmission output shafts
· Extra K&N filter (switch to a clean one on Saturday night!)
Many performance improvements (everything you’d expect to do over a four year period with reliability and speed in mind). We’ll share everything needed to know with the buyer.
· Hood shown in the pics stays with us. The hood on the parts car will be put on the race car.
· All Traqmate data for Gingerman, Autobahn South, Autobahn North, Putnam Park, Eagles Canyon Raceway (short and long)
· The car is wired for Traqmate (power and antenna); steering column display mount included
· Always short-shifted at 6,000 rpm
Included in the sale is a 1998 Dodge Neon R/T. For a while, we intended to do an engine swap, and never got around to it. But, it’s not a run of the mill 1998 Neon.
Details (pics available upon request):
2.4 Turbo swap. Car has SRT internals and a SRT intercooler. The car has a Megasquirt controller installed. Transmission has a limited slip installed. Car runs and drives but it needs some work on the tuning. Chassis is rust free. Will make a great parts car or could be turned into a race car at some point. The front fenders are composite.
This item is USED
Trades NOT ACCEPTED
Ad posted by:
Member Since: 2008-04-09
Phone Number: 317-489-2458
Number of Honor Payments: 0
Average Accepted Sale Price: $0.00
Average Honor Payment: $0.00
- Member has no other classified ads.
Report the sale - click here