For Sale: 1939 Plymouth P8 Deluxe
Rumble Seat Convertible
• Grand National Roadster Show 1st in Class
• San Francisco Rod and Custom Show 1st in Class
• Street Rodder “Top 10” at Good Guys West Coast Nationals
• Seven time winner at various Good Guys Pleasanton Shows
• Best of Show, Top Gun and multiple class wins at Mopar Alley
• Best of Show at Adesa’s Hot August Tuesday ($1000 cash award)
• People’s Choice at Murphys Fun Run (on T-Shirt the next year)
• Two time winner at Joe Bailon’s annual Shows (Selected by Joe Bailon)
• A grand total of 53 awards at various Northern California events.
• Original 1939 double X-member convertible frame. Stripped, blasted, partially boxed and powder coated in Gray.
• Rebuilt independent front suspension, modified to accept Mopar disc brakes, Dodge Omni rack and pinion steering, custom built shock mounts, oversized front anti-sway bar, and custom made coil springs. Car is lowered all around by approx 2.5 inches.
• Custom made rear leaf springs from Posies, with modified shock mounts.
• New Old Stock (NOS) ’39 Plymouth gas tank
• 1948 Plymouth wheels were modified to accept original 1939 hub caps thus enabling use of 15” wide-white wall radial tires from Coker
• 1973 Plymouth 340 cu in motor, rebuilt to 1970 specs, 9.5 to 1 compression, Crower cam & valve springs, Sanderson headers, Edelbrock intake, Road Demon 4 bbl carb, and Mopar electronic ignition.
• Rebuilt Mopar 727 Torqueflight transmission with shift kit, Lokar shifter and Lokar gear indicator LEDs.
• Complete rear axle assembly from a ’73 Dodge Challenger with 8¾ differential running 2.76 gears.
• A Mopar muscle car with classic styling
• Body stripped to bare metal, front fenders and nose were replaced with rust free replacements.
• Any floor panel showing rust was replaced
• Paint – PPG Deltron Dark Cranberry over Charcoal base
• Painted by West Coast Customs Hall of Famer Bill Reasoner at Classic Auto Body
• All chrome parts have been re-plated or replaced
• All stainless was straightened and polished
• Original headlights buckets modified to accept Jeep halogen lights mounted behind original ’39 headlight lenses
• NOS ’39 Tail Light assemblies including rare embossed lenses.
• New glass all around
• Power Convertible Top with fully functional original vacuum cylinders and original vacuum switch on dash
• A Vacuum reservoir is installed under the dash providing vacuum to the convertible top cylinders and the A/C Heat system via a 3 position pneumatic switch.
• Rare original Vent Wings
• Cadillac Eldorado power seats cut down to mimic original seats
• Upholstery by Armand’s in Walnut Creek Ca.
• Seats are upholstered in leather and all panels are in matching vinyl
• Top and tonneau are custom made in Hartz cloth
• Restored ‘39 instrument cluster is converted to 12Volts
• LED’s below instrument cluster indicate the gear selection
• Directional signals are controlled by a 3 position toggle on dash
• LED’s below instrument panel indicate a turn signal is operating
• Original Radio Face now functions as control for A/C & Heat system. Speaker grill is now the center air vent. Two additional vents are hidden below the dash
• Power windows are operated with original window crank handles via Hotronics switches
• AM FM CD Stereo installed in Glove Box
• Original Rumble Seat was rebuilt and reupholstered
In spite of all the awards this is not a “Trailer Queen”. Mabel has been driven to every show except the Grand National Roadster Show. This includes trips from Livermore CA. to Del Mar and Pismo Beach and several venues in Northern CA. With 13,750 miles on the odometer, the body remains nearly perfect in appearance.
Seller Phone Number2: (925) 455-0885
This item is USED
Trades NOT ACCEPTED
Ad posted by:
Member Since: 2014-07-17
Phone Number: (925) 200-3840
Phone Number: (925) 455-0885
Number of Honor Payments: 0
Average Accepted Sale Price: $0.00
Average Honor Payment: $0.00
- Member has no other classified ads.
Report the sale - click here